DVDVR Message Board

2017 The Stuff About Sports Media Thread

RIPPA

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose this is the place for this, but Barstool is pretty much fucked. Good. They're the biggest bunch of bro-y assholes. Anyway, the FBI has them on a 20 count indictment from an investigation that uncovered money laundering, tax evasion, and illegal gambling.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of douchebags.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Craig H said:

I suppose this is the place for this, but Barstool is pretty much fucked. Good. They're the biggest bunch of bro-y assholes. Anyway, the FBI has them on a 20 count indictment from an investigation that uncovered money laundering, tax evasion, and illegal gambling.

1- As someone who always does a write in vote for Ron Paul in presidential elections those last two counts make me come closer to siding with the Barstool people than I would like but...

2- Then I remember they embody everything I hate about sports on the internet and the internet itself so fuck all those rapey brah assholes with Tommy Lee's dick.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
On 12/12/2017 at 7:04 PM, Craig H said:

And nothing of value was lost.

10 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Speaking of addition by subtraction, today is Mike Francesa's last day on the air.  Beginning tomorrow, Mike will have to do all of his sleeping at home.

He might be an asshole but he was one of the most knowledgeable radio hosts out there and he had been around forever. Always told interesting stories. His show with his miserable attitude and the dumbass callers made it a highly entertaining listen.   WFAN is going to tank without him. 

• Like 1

Definitely agree.  He used to be legitimately good - and probably great - at the job but hung around too long.  It's kinda sad that the lasting impression a lot of people will have of him is the bitter grump who didn't prepare and did things like predict playoff wins for NFL teams that weren't in the playoffs that year.