DVDVR Message Board

2017 The Stuff About Sports Media Thread

RIPPA

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I am just sad Boomer wasn't arrested with him.

I also loved that they claimed on the radio that Carton was "under the weather"

Boomer was my childhood football hero so no.

CARTON, 48, of New York, New York, and WRIGHT, 41, of Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, are each charged with one count of conspiracy to commit securities fraud and wire fraud, one count of wire fraud, and one count of securities fraud. The conspiracy count carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a maximum fine of $250,000, or twice the gross gain or loss from the offense. The securities fraud count carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a maximum fine of $5 million, or twice the gross gain or loss from the offense. The wire fraud count carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a maximum fine of $250,000 or twice the gross gain or loss from the offense. The maximum potential sentences in this case are prescribed by Congress and are provided here for informational purposes only, as any sentencing of the defendants will be determined by the judge.

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I find this hilarious, as I absolutely loathe Craig Carton. The best show on WFAN is Joe Beningo and Evan Roberts.

Is Richard Neer (sp) still on Sunday mornings? It's very mellow for spor ts talk.

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

I'm kind of surprised it wasn't Stugotz.

Maybe I am easily fooled but I still believe that Stugotz is 100% gimmick when he is in the ESPN bubble.  Carton has been a douche in radio and TV no matter whether he is small time or on well bigger time depending on what you think of CBS Sports Network

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He was also on New Jersey 101.5. 

And Cleveland, Buffalo, and Denver.  NY was about his sixth job in broadcasting.

I'm really sad about this situation.  Specifically, I'm really sad it wasn't someone in my home market, probably Mark Madden. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Cue shmoes like me asking "how the fuck are you even able to gamble enough to get yourself $3 million in the hole?" Was he living in a cardboard box beneath an overpass or something?

6 hours ago, Gonzo said:

Cue shmoes like me asking "how the fuck are you even able to gamble enough to get yourself $3 million in the hole?" Was he living in a cardboard box beneath an overpass or something?

Cue dudes who like me who wonder, "how the fuck do you get yourself into $3 million dollars of gambling debt, before your bookie kills you?"  As far as I know, his legs aren't even broken.  Fucking millennial bookies, too lazy to hire a goon.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2017 at 11:29 PM, Gonzo said:

That's the lie of addiction. The next hand, next roll of the dice, next spin of the roulette wheel, etc. are going to be the big winner. 

From my experience with cocaine, the next line was always going to feel as good as the first time. With heroin, it's referred to as chasing the dragon. Fortunately, I never got the gambling bug outside of slot machines.

22 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

And Cleveland, Buffalo, and Denver.  NY was about his sixth job in broadcasting.

I'm really sad about this situation.  Specifically, I'm really sad it wasn't someone in my home market, probably Mark Madden. 

Mark Madden looks like he's still working on a heart attack, so you still have hope.

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That's lie of addiction. The next hand, next roll of the dice, next spin of the roulette wheel, etc. are going to be the big winner. 

From my experience with cocaine, the next line was always going to feel as good as the first time. With heroin, it's referred to as chasing the dragon. Fortunately, I never got the gambling bug outside of slot machines.

Well, I get the psychological part of it, sure.

I'm just wondering how someone. . .anyone. . .outside of super rich people gets access to enough money to run up $3 million in debt. Maybe it's my personal naivete, but I just can't grasp it.

He probably gambled all of his assets and savings and maybe even took out loans and other shit. There's all kinds of ways to rack up debt from money you don't have to pay it back when you have a lot to begin with.