DVDVR Message Board

2017 The Stuff About Sports Media Thread

RIPPA

Holy shit, that was great.

Dolfan is my new favorite poster - as well as a great American and hopefully our next pope.

I regret that I can only like that once.  I may have to search old old posts from Dolfan and like them.  All of them

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Sage Steele out as NBA Countdown host replaced by Michelle Beadle

Hopefully, once Sage is out of the sunken place, she will receive this news.

And btw, they've apparently pissed off the wrong people, because there's currently a hunt on for tapes of Mike & The Mad Dog's show on 9/12/01, where they made some crazy anti-Semetic remarks.  (Called for Jewish people to take an oath of loyalty to America(!!!))

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/mike-mad-dog-doc-address-alleged-anti-semitic-comments-article-1.3018571

22 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

So, where does this morning's fun with Lebatard and DDP go?

Page saying, "You aren't going to rev me up," about two seconds before dropping multiple f-bombs on a station owned by Disney was magical. I honestly don't have any idea why he was so mad.  He has the reputation of a guy who is impossible to anger, and he just snapped over something that wasn't that serious.

• 3 weeks later...

Something tells me we are going to be saying "They kept that guy :blink: " a good deal when the final list of firings occurs.

I would say that Fox Sports 1 would be crazy not to go after him but given their product he might be too smart for them.

32 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

Ed Werder has been laid off by ESPN. Effective immediately. The day before the NFL Draft.

Yeah.

Werder can show up tomorrow on NFL Network and someone can yell BUT HE DOESN'T EVEN WORK HERE~! and it will be the greatest thing ever

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Werder can show up tomorrow on NFL Network and someone can yell BUT HE DOESN'T EVEN WORK HERE~! and it will be the greatest thing ever

"I just wanna say to the boys up in Bristol. . .you wanna war? Well, chico, you got a war."

Yeah.  Hockey and college coverage seems to have got it the most.

From the Deadspin piece Rippa linked above, there is also this:

Additionally, The Hollywood Reporter reports that Karl Ravech, Ryen Russillo, and Hannah Storm will see their roles at the network “significantly reduced.” They also initially reported that SportsCenter anchor John Buccigross wouldn’t have his contract renewed, but have walked that reporting back.

Absolutely no one will miss Kannell, but its shocking they're letting him go after they just gave him a big push last year, promoting him to College Football Final and puttin his name on Rusillo's show.

1 hour ago, EVA said:

Absolutely no one will miss Kannell, but its shocking they're letting him go after they just gave him a big push last year, promoting him to College Football Final and puttin his name on Rusillo's show.

Russillo might not be long for ESPN either. I clicked on the show for a second to see who was on, and it was Adnan filling in, and he threw to break with a generic "We'll be right back, here on ESPN Radio".

1 hour ago, EVA said:

After Kannell tried to say that being concerned about the impact of concussions equals a war on football, I never had any interest in anything else he had to say.  I'm pretty much 100% against imaginary wars.  The #1 surefire way to make me think you are a clown is to declare war on something, invent a war on something or fight a war on something...especially when it is based on someone having a minor difference of opinion.    

• Like 1