DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 2/23/17

*Taped for Xplosion: Angelina Love def. Brandi Rhodes via rollup with feet on ropes

Impact Wrestling - Airing February 23, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*Brandi Rhodes & the returning Cody come to the ring for a promo. Cody say he's been everywhere around the world but now he's back in Impact Wrestling. Cody calls out Moose to thank him personally for helping Brandi with Decay. Cody says Moose is family and a Rhodes. Moose says he will always have their backs. Cody then gets mad about Brandi having Moose's number and asks if they are going to sleep together. Cody says Moose is not a friend, he's a slut. Brandi asks if Cody's joking. Cody says he is but then turns and low blows Moose. Cody beats down Moose and gives the Bullet Club hand gesture then pulls Brandi away and they exit.

*Tyrus def. Eli Drake via DQ when Eli hit the ref so he didn't have to wrestle Tyrus. Afterwards, Eli promised Tyrus a raise so they reunited.

*Jade comes to the ring and calls out Rosemary. Rosemary comes out and says Decay is finished with her but Jade says it doesn't matter, she's not done with them. Jade challenges Rosemary to a Last Knockout Standing Match which she accepts.

*Jessie Godderz def. Bram (w/ Kingston). After the match, Godderz clears Bram & Kingston from the ring.

*Josh Barnett def. Bad Bones John Klinger with a northern lights suplex into a kimura

*Trevor Lee(c) def. DJ Z to retain the X Division Championship via rollup with tights pulled. After the match, Trevor looks to attack Z but Andrew Everett makes the save.

*The Wedding of Braxton Sutter and Laurel Van Ness was up next. Mike Bennett was Braxton's very drunk best man. Rockstar Spud was the flower boy with Aron Rex. Maria Kanellis & Sienna were the bridesmaids. Allie is forced to be the ring bearer. When the minister asks if anyone objects, the crowd chants "we object!" Laurel says Yes but Braxton says No, he's always been in love with Allie. Braxton reveals he was not allowed to date Allie as Maria threatened to fire her if he did. Maria then fires Allie but Allie says she quits. A fight breaks out where Braxton knocks out Bennett as Maria and Sienna are knocked down. Braxton kisses Allie to end the segment.

Taped out of order I'm sure but tried to put it together to make sense and moved other stuff to other threads accordingly.

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well looks like Galloway didn't re-sign

At least for now

Seems like they gave him the grand title as part of a way to get him to stay and maybe put it back on Moose after the deal fell through. 

Seemed like the plan for him was to theoritically build up the belt to the level of the world title. 

• 3 weeks later...

Lmao the wedding segment ended up being greatness. Loved how in to it the crowd was. Perfect blowoff to all of that finally.

Hate how sudden Cody's turn is, and coming so quickly after Davey's big turn, I still think he would've been better used on the face side.

Good match from DJ Z / Trevor Lee. Andrew Everett looked great on the save, with that killer looking spike rana and shooting star.

Hardys stuff was great as always. Glad Eli and Tyrus are seemingly back together already. Dug the little video on Barnett and looking forward to him and Lashley.  Lots of "upcoming change" teases from Pope and implications of getting rid of Josh too

I guess I forgot to read the spoilers for this week.  Had no idea how the wedding deal was going to go until it actually aired.

Josh Barrett being found in a dusty closet and being dusted off to wrestle wXW Germany's Bad Bones was WAR-level random.  I've always liked Barnett, though, so I'm all for this.  Hopefully, Bob Sapp, Don Frye. and Blue Wolf wrestle on the show by Spring.

Edit: Um, I posted in this thread after the spoilers were put up, so apparently I did read the spoilers and immediately forgot what I read.  Anyway, the payoff to the wedding was pretty fun.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

So based on parts of this show, either Josh Matthews meltdown on Twitter was him horribly trying to develop a Michael Cole heel character for TV or TNA realizes how completely unlikable he is and trying to develop a Michael Cole heel character for TV

Ripping off heel Michael Cole might be the only thing worse than actual heel Michael Cole. 

Maffew Botchamania put up a pretty gnarly gif of what looked like a Thunder Fire Powerbomb to Bad Bones on Facebook that looked to really jack him up. And as anyone who watches World Pro knows, Barnett would take extreme exception to his double wristlock being called a "Kimura". 

As far as Barnett's last pro wrestling match, if the IGF stuff doesn't count the one on that New Year's DREAM card with Hideki Suzuki certainly does. 

Now I want to know if TNA sprung for Bolt Thrower as his ring music

• Like 1

The wedding was fantastic. Just great fun. Loved it. Can't remember the last time the Impact Zone was so much into an angle.

Enjoyed Barnett's debut match. Wish it went a bit longer, however. Barnett's style is different than everyone else on the roster and I like that. I hope he sticks around. That powerbomb did indeed look nasty though.

Re: the josh stuff. Am I crazy or could they somehow get JR for that spot? I mean, they're working with World of Sport, Barnett is there. We know JR is tight with Jarrett. 

Would be a great way to kick off the "Impact era". 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...