DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

All Japan Women versus JWP- Yomika Hotta, Manami Toyota and Sakie Hasegawa up against Mayumi Ozaki, the late Plum Mariko and an emerging Hikari Fukuoka.  From August 25th, 1993, and  Dynamite Kansai was wrestling Aja Kong on this card, since they don't really have anyone else who could counter Hotta's power.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sabremike said:

ROH FINALLY uploaded this match, the 2006 WON MOTY between Do Fixer and Blood Generation:

Have they started putting all the old ROH shows on Honour club from the beginning, I know they have the shows from the first year they were in existence but I would like to watch all the old ROH shows from the beginning and work my way through them but when I signed up to Honour club last month they didn't have all of them. Just year one's shows.

@Oyaji posted this in the Puro discussion thread. Is there really a better competitive squash out there? Takagi (who I know nothing about, and looks like a complete choad) gets in absolutely everything he has in his arsenal on Tenryu, and it all looks good and Tenryu sells for it! And then Tenryu just eats him for lunch and unceremoniously leaves. Save a shitty DDT this is pretty much perfect. I think it underlines how giving Tenryu was, which is a quality that we as fans don't give enough credit to. He didn't have to do shit for this guy and he went out there and said "hey, do what you got and I'll let you look good, long as you know I am gonna beat the shit out of you". 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

This is the match with Manami Toyota I was referencing in the April Discussion thread.

Kayo Noumi eats a bunch of absolutely brutal, breathtaking dropkicks.

I haven't seen this before (big joshi voids in my watching habits) , and it was great. I love the passionate underdog vs. bigger vet, angry from the bell, type of match. MToyota is a frickin' international treasure of 'rassling.

- RAF

• Like 2

OTT mining the archive. Matches:

• Angel Cruz, B Cool & Tyler Bate vs Pete Dunne, Trent Seven & Tyler Bate
  • Ryan Smile vs Chris Hero
  • Marty Scurll & Jordan Devlin vs Will Ospreay & Ryan Smile
  • Jordan Devlin vs Moose

14 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Takagi (who I know nothing about, and looks like a complete choad)

Takagi is Arashi who later went on to win the AJPW tag titles with Mutoh and the All Asia tag belts twice during the post-NOAH departure/Mutoh era AJPW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Control posted this in the Puro thread but I had to pass it over here. Just look at this lineup. 

WAR Dohatsu Tenryu Shin Nihon Seitetsu Genkosu Seisai Tenryu vs. Yamazaki 1st Match Commercial Tape 11/09/96 Tokyo Korakuen Hall

Jun Kikuchi vs. Gokauku Umibozu

Chodensenshi Battle Ranger vs. Masayoshi Motegi

Masaaki Mochizuki & Takashi Okamura vs. Kamikaze & Masakazu Fukuda

Doink vs. Onryo

Arashi & Osamu Tachihikari vs. Bam Bam Bigelow & Nobukazu Hirai

THE SPECIAL MATCH: Genichiro Tenryu & Nobutaka Araya vs. Kazuo Yamazaki & Takashi Iizuka

International Junior Tag Title Match: Jushin Thunder Liger & El Samurai vs. Yuji Yasuraoka & Lance Storm

Tenryu beating the living shit out of Yamazaki? Bam Bam showing up out of nowhere? Doink vs. Onryo?!

EDIT: OH MAN. At 51:30 Hirai decides to run down the stairs and jump on one of his opponents and falls flat on his face. The crowd starts laughing at him so he decides to redo the spot... and falls on his face again. It's priceless. Can somebody send that to Maffew/Botchamania? 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1