DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

Nope, that was from 2009 right after Misawa passed. You can see his photo with the flowers around it right at the end. Just a fair warning for anyone watching because I saw that right after it happened and fuck... that one got me. Again. 

We need more Takayama though. 

• Like 1

Brody and Hansen vs. Mil Mascaras and Dos Caras from 1983. Brody and Mascaras, the undisputed kings of no selling, face off a few times and it's what you would expect with those two. Mil does get a point for his "I am a model" scarf and jacket combo.

About an hour of various footage from Mid South, mostly. Matches are hacked to bits, so beware. Some great promos, though. 

I’d maybe sell my soul for Dick Murdoch’s tracksuit in the first segment. Sharp as hell. 

• Like 1

Hidden gem and exceptionally great because the molten korakuen fans. I think I was the first to upload this back when I was going through Lynch for very expensive tapes of Japan TV from 1992 and '93. This is early 93 in the build to Choshu vs. Tenryu. I doubt either guy had a more enjoyable singles match in their long careers. 

• Like 2

We are getting so many full shows of obscurities on Youtube these days. Here's the lineup for this one: 

Tokyo Pro Wresting 6/24/96 Korakuen Hall

1. Hiroshi Itakura vs Akihito Masuda. Very brief hilites

2. Billy Black vs Masanobu Kurisu. Very brief hilites

3. Gekko & Kageboshi vs Shocker & Astro Jr

4. The Great Kabuki vs Sheigeo Okumura

5. Black Wazuma (Too Cold Scorpio) vs Daikokubo Benkai

6. Abdullah the Butcher vs Sabu

7. Takashi Ishikawa & Kishin Kawabata vs Tarzan Goto & Mr Gannosuke

BONUS MATCHES from 6/29/96 Sapporo

1. Brief hilites of Shigeo Okumura vs Kishin Kawabata, a tag match with Billy Black, and Kabuki & Akihito Masuda vs Goto & Gannosuke

2. Sabu vs Black Wazuma (Scorpio)

3. 2 out of 3 Falls TWA Tag Title - Takashi Ishikawa & Yoji Anjoh vs Abdullah The Butcher & Daikokubu Benkai

Sabu vs. Scorpio? Sign me up! 

This guy has a treasure trove of stuff btw, including the entire Night of the Legends from SMW and a couple hours worth of World Class. 

• Like 2