DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

I remember Pat Patterson calling Sarge "Bob Slaughter" on that old '80s WWF DVD set and thinking it was the weirdest. Hell because of that I even used it in this thread somewhere.

He worked Central States as "D.I. Bob Slaughter" before coming to the WWF. In fact, he even wore his old "DI" boots during the famous MSG Boot Camp match.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Leo Burke (w/ Chicky Starr) vs Invader I (w/ Hector Macho Camacho and Robocop) in a boxing match

No truth to the rumor that Robocop was mouthing "not guilty" at the jury box during Invader 1's murder trial

And this is from the same show that had Zeus vs Abdullah The Butcher, which is an incredible clusterfuck in it's own right, though I am now lamenting that Robocop and Zeus werent booked against each other in some way. 

Since you brought it up

EDIT: Poor Tiny, he just couldn't work a lick. He got paid $22 grand while Abby only got $5,000... and he brought armed cops with him to the show. With their guns drawn at all times.1.5 speed was made to watch that match.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

He worked Central States as "D.I. Bob Slaughter" before coming to the WWF. In fact, he even wore his old "DI" boots during the famous MSG Boot Camp match.

Ive heard him called bob slaughter in JCP and the AWA too. 

4 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

And this is from the same show that had Zeus vs Abdullah The Butcher, which is an incredible clusterfuck in it's own right, though I am now lamenting that Robocop and Zeus werent booked against each other in some way. 

The clash between Abdullah the Butcher and Robocop will answer questions like "What happens when Abdullah stabs Robocop with a fork?" and "Can Robocop get hepatitis?"

• Haha 2

Watching 80s All Japan, you really see how that evolved into the 90s FMW style more than you can see how it evolved in the 90s All Japan style.

• Like 2

I wasn't aware Silver King was A Black Tiger so go lookin and find THIS. Oh shit...

EDIT: Here's another iteration of the battle of the dinastias. I prefer the former one for the sheer amount of bullshit with the refs and playing to the crowd in it actually.

Edited by Curt McGirt