DVDVR Message Board
RIPPA

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

Central States tag tournament, including the Oates Brothers, hacksaw duggan, the grapplers and the team of wahoo mcdanielm& Bruce Reed

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Steiners vs. Mutoh/Hase

It's a damned shame that NJPW World doesn't have more peak 92-94 Steiners matches uploaded.

• Like 1

KILLER KHAN!

• Like 3

Sid Cooper rules. Sayama hits some flashy offense, but the highlight is Cooper's constant cheating -- choking behind the refs.'s back, kidney punches, hair pulling and attacking after the bell.

Was that Young Boy Takada slapping the piss out of the fans in the Choshu team ring entrance for that six-man? And was there ever a time that Killer Khan didn't blade off a posting? 

• Like 1

Because Steve Grey rules and you need to see more of him. Pretty neatly fast paced match with a ton of really cool stuff put on display by Grey. I'm not particularly high on England, but I thought this is the best he's looked from what I've seen. He keeps up nicely with Grey and shows some signs of athleticism.

OX BAKER CLEVELAND RIOT, January 31, 1974.  Two versions of the same footage.   The match is Ernie Ladd vs Johnny Powers, when Ox runs in    

• Like 4

They were just talking about this (I think) on Cornettes drive thru show this week. They were discussing the heart punch which led to discussing Ox Baker. 

We post a lot of good wrestling in this thread. This is not that. This is Rambling Commentary Dusty in full flower while Buddy Lee Parker thrashes Ricky Morton while wearing some Irish garb for no reason while the crowd chants "ROCK AND ROLL". This is Kevin Sullivan discovering the joys of huffing air duster while booking The Pro. This is fantastic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Watching Ernie Ladd get his ass out of that ring during the riot just makes me love him more, and I didn't think that was possible.

1981 New Zealand show including Mark Lewin ~!

This one is practically floating in piss and vinegar. My favorite part is probably Tenryu popping Chono in the jaw, Chono doing a Flair flop, and Tenryu giving a perfect Jimmy McNulty "what the fuck did I do?" reaction to the ref. As good a tag match as you'll want to see out of these four.

Presenting.. The Great Sasuke vs Bob Backlund.

• Like 1

This is a pretty nifty match. Worked more aggressively and less like exhibition which is a vibe I frequently get with Saint matches with McManus heeling up.

KILLER KHAN! and fuckin CRUSHER BLACKWELL!

• Like 4

So who is Texas Red? It's not Undertaker, it's not a woman, and I don't think it's Red Bastien?

EDIT: THEY SNEAK THE COWBELL IN THE RING JUST SO KHAN CAN BLADE FUCK YEAH

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

Josh Barnett vs Timothy Thatcher, from Dec 2017.

• Like 1

Jesus, Killer Khan is in this, but Jumbo Tsuruta bleeds an entire heart's worth in this.  BRAVO!

• Like 2

Hell yeah. Those early Riki tags in AJPW were absolutely wild. Great stuff.

Other things that rule in that match: 

- Tenryu tagging in and immediately taking the pace from 10 to 100, blasting the shit out of Choshu

- Khan's hilarious reaction of total joy at the end

- Everything else