DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

Terry was so great during this run. One of the last really fun times I ever had going to a live card was his match against Flair in Tallahassee in 1989. Just tore it up.

Edited by LP Steve
Corrected date

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Whatever happened to Murahama? These two light Korakuen on fire here.

Murahama is one of the best dudes who only took pro-wrestling for a short amount of time. He transitioned perfectly from MMA and kickboxing to pro-wrestling. His pro-wrestling career was very brief, but it produced some incredible matches in Osaka Pro in the early 00's and later on in Noah.

Not sure it's on any streaming services or not, but he had some incredible under the radar matches in Osaka Pro in the early 00's against Naohiro Hoshikawa, Super Delfin, Dick Togo and co. If these aren't online anywhere and there's interest I'm sure I can upload these to Daily Motion or something and share them briefly with you guys.

Big Van Vader vs Antonio Inoki 1987 (Vader's NJPW debut):

And the rematch a year later:

Plus a recommendation from the YouTube algorithm:

Vader raved about how much he loved this match in his book.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 1

Found this while looking for something else and it's pretty awesome. This is all about Hashi going to the wall in the Dome, getting the crap beat out of him and still trying to stand up to Suzuki and Marufuji who play great heel champs. It's shocking how far NOAH has fallen from this height (even though the wrestling is still good).