DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

9 hours ago, Thomas Bugg said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aasq9FfybNo&t=205s

Hogan being a technical wrestler!

I forgot the match, but there was another one that I saw years ago.  Another message board had a viewing party of sorts and there was Hogan match.  We were all going "Holy shit, who knew he could do this?!"  It was at that moment my brain melted.  And the cool thing is I bet I can get others to react in a similar if I show them some of these matches.

Similar thing happened with the Jumping Bomb Angels.  I rented Survivor Series '87 years ago and was blown away at what they were doing.  To see them do all that in late 80s WWF made them stand out.  Reading their Wikipedia page there isn't much about them, but I'd love to see more of their stuff in and out of WWF.  Aw, heck, I might as well check out more 80s Joshi wrestling while I'm at it, no idea why I haven't seen that much before.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Similar thing happened with the Jumping Bomb Angels.  I rented Survivor Series '87 years ago and was blown away at what they were doing.  To see them do all that in late 80s WWF made them stand out.  Reading their Wikipedia page there isn't much about them, but I'd love to see more of their stuff in and out of WWF.  Aw, heck, I might as well check out more 80s Joshi wrestling while I'm at it, no idea why I haven't seen that much before.

This was the only match my grandmother truly enjoyed when she'd deal with me watching rented tapes as a kid. She'd tolerate just about anything. But this match is something she always brought up when overhearing me talking about wrestling. Mainly the JBA's. 

There's a very good, energetic match I'd posted in the Misc. Match thread, however I can't find it. They fought the Glamour Girls a bunch, but this one has a hot crowd and is quite solid. 

*edit* 

Hey, found it... 

Like I'd said in that initial post, it's a shame barely any women's matches come close to being this good wrestling wise these days. Yeah, there are exceptions, but you know what I mean. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

This was the only match my grandmother truly enjoyed when she'd deal with me watching rented tapes as a kid. She'd tolerate just about anything. But this match is something she always brought up when overhearing me talking about wrestling. Mainly the JBA's. 

There's a very good, energetic match I'd posted in the Misc. Match thread, however I can't find it. They fought the Glamour Girls a bunch, but this one has a hot crowd and is quite solid. 

*edit* 

Hey, found it... 

Like I'd said in that initial post, it's a shame barely any women's matches come close to being this good wrestling wise these days. Yeah, there are exceptions, but you know what I mean. 

Well, thank you very much! I still can't wrap my head around them bring in late 80s WWF, but I'm sure glad they were!

I promise I'm not just liking this one for the Warhol/VU inspired backdrop. Could see it as a good opener to get the crowd's attention on any number of cards, and I dig the finish on this one.

Oh and that Jumping Bomb Angels match from 88 is still one of my top fave Rumble matches ever. Shame that the announcers didn't know their names at the start of the match.

On 2/23/2017 at 6:03 PM, Mike Zeidler said:

Amber's gear looks familiar, is she someone else?

No, she's her.  She used to be part of Team Blondage with Krissy Vaine and later Lollipop.  They all wore that same-style pink gear.

04.jpg?w=659

All those embeds were fine for me, but I can't even go into the Wrestling GIF thread on the 2nd of the month without my browser/connection acting like they had a bit of AI and were wishing to be on any other site.