DVDVR Message Board
RIPPA

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

7 hours ago, Thomas Bugg said:

This thread needs more Hansen and Brody

If you asked me on the spot to name the worst match of all time (non-indy version), that's what I'd pick. If I really thought about it, maybe I could come up with something else, but that match is the best example ever of just how egregiously terrible Brody and Mascaras could be. There are points in it where you can tell Hansen just wants to give up because he can't believe the no-selling, narrative-crushing pieces of shit he's in there with, one of which being his regular partner. Nothing brings out the worst in an already selfish wrestler like tagging in All Japan in the mid 80s.

5 hours ago, Matt D said:

If you asked me on the spot to name the worst match of all time (non-indy version), that's what I'd pick. If I really thought about it, maybe I could come up with something else, but that match is the best example ever of just how egregiously terrible Brody and Mascaras could be. There are points in it where you can tell Hansen just wants to give up because he can't believe the no-selling, narrative-crushing pieces of shit he's in there with, one of which being his regular partner. Nothing brings out the worst in an already selfish wrestler like tagging in All Japan in the mid 80s.

Yeah, honestly I've seen much better Brody/Hansen matches, and I've never really been impressed by Mascaras. Guess I was just drowsy and looking for something a bit quick, but not like a TV match.

Just now, Thomas Bugg said:

Yeah, honestly I've seen much better Brody/Hansen matches, and I've never really been impressed by Mascaras. Guess I was just drowsy and looking for something a bit quick, but not like a TV match.

Hey! It's ok. You just had to pick a match that I have in permanent crosshairs. 

I just went to go post Terry and Dory vs Martel and Zenk which is one of my favorite AJPW tags from the 80s and the thing doesn't seem to be online.

• Like 1

Foley/Funk deathmatch, synced with the audiobook portion about this very match.

• Like 3

So, this happened once

Hey this one's in full on youtube now.

...yet the version of that they did in M-Pro is STILL NOT ON THE FUCKING INTERNET BDFSJKL;FJDSAFJKL;

Anyway here's that whole show in full. I didn't know the original was in M-Pro as well, I thought it was in FMW. 

Your card:

MICHINOKU PRO – 1994/10/30 – Iwate – “SHU-PURO VOL. 6 – SASUKE vs. ONITA”
01. Masato Yakushiji vs. Wellington Wilkins jr.
02. HANZO Nakajima vs. Naohiro Hoshikawa
03. TAKA Michinoku & Jinsei Shinzaki & Gran Naniwa vs. SATO & Shiryu & Terry Boy
04. Super Delfin vs. La Pantera
05. No Rope Exploding Barbed Wire Double Hell Exploding Ring Death Match: Great Sasuke vs. Atsushi Onita

Ikuto Hidaka in ECW:

vs "The Prodigy" Tom Marquez 

vs Super Crazy

Christian (c) vs. Rob Van Dam (WWE Intercontinental Championship, Ladder Match) - WWE RAW: September 29, 2003

Rob Van Dam vs. Chris Jericho (Steel Cage, WWE Intercontinental Championship Match) - WWE RAW: October 27, 2003

On 1/19/2017 at 7:09 PM, Matt D said:

Lucier posted this earlier. 

It's ~7 minutes of shine in a Bravo/Haku vs Roadies match where the Roadies just give the whole thing. I'm not sure I've ever seen that before outside of them wrestling the person signing their checks (which in this case might have been Bravo actually?), especially from the 85 Road Warriors.

Does someone knows anything about this promotion ? Found out there was a show in 2000 featuring a lot of former WWF Wrestlers.

• Like 1

American Dragon vs Jerry Lynn from Memphis Championship Wrestling July 2001

• Like 1

LOL, I misread that as American Dragon vs. Jerry Lawler.  

I was briefly disappointed when I actually started watching the match.

Ivan Koloff vs Pat Patterson

• Like 1

Curt Hennig (c) vs. Diamond Dallas Page (WCW United States Heavyweight Championship Match) - WCW Starrcade: December 28, 1997

So I've been watching a bunch of the Jumping Bomb Angels in 87/88 WWF.  I just have to ask though, how prevalent was the powerbomb in the late 80's?  I've seen people like Terry Gordy doing it in '82 in Georgia, but to see Judy Martin busting it out in '88 is still mind-blowing.

9 hours ago, Thomas Bugg said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aasq9FfybNo&t=205s

Hogan being a technical wrestler!

I forgot the match, but there was another one that I saw years ago.  Another message board had a viewing party of sorts and there was Hogan match.  We were all going "Holy shit, who knew he could do this?!"  It was at that moment my brain melted.  And the cool thing is I bet I can get others to react in a similar if I show them some of these matches.

Similar thing happened with the Jumping Bomb Angels.  I rented Survivor Series '87 years ago and was blown away at what they were doing.  To see them do all that in late 80s WWF made them stand out.  Reading their Wikipedia page there isn't much about them, but I'd love to see more of their stuff in and out of WWF.  Aw, heck, I might as well check out more 80s Joshi wrestling while I'm at it, no idea why I haven't seen that much before.

• Like 2