DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

Aw Arkangel is dead.  This showed up in my feed today.  Fucking Motherfucking Fuck, is the Ciclon Ramirez tope at 22:12 motherfucking fucking motherfucking insane.

Has anybody ever noticed how awesome Bob Orton Sr is?

----------------------------------------

Against Hans Schmidt in 1953.

• Like 1

44 minutes of Verne Gagne versus Billy Robinson from 1974 for the AWA belt in Japan.  Eat your brocolli, kid.

• Like 1

Yeah, Billy vs. Verne was definitely worth the time. The crowd was pretty quiet for their work, unfortunately (and Verne called a LOT of spots which didn't help) but they milked a total of like three moves over 40 minutes and managed to entertain both you and a ton of other people the whole way. That's pretty awesome. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

55 minutes of Verne Gagne and Lou Thesz with full heads of hair.  Somebody in the comments dates this to 1/25/1952.

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Saw a match from Australia with Dillon managing Ox Baker and Brute Bernard. 

Had forgotten he worked there 

Just saw the match. Interesting that Siva Afi (as Max Tamboola) was one of their opponents.

2 hours ago, DEAN said:

Hey @Matt D,  look what popped up in my feed today. Dig the early 90's commercials.

For about two months a few years ago, that was a grail for me. I actually went and found a "tape trader" for the first time in years to get it. To be honest, some of the trios that build up to it are better, but it's still a weird, cool match.