DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JbVkwY0hik

Harley Race vs Rick Martel from 1978 in Australia. Fun little 7 minute sprint. I love how Martel works a hammerlock, it's so earnest and enthusiastic and I don't think I've ever seen a crowd pop for it as much. 

I love how Race works as a defending champ so differently to Flair as the cocky champ who underestimates the firey local guy and just does enough to survive with his title and Bockwinkel who tries to out-wait, outlast and out-smart. He absorbs everything that the face throws at him, he grits it out because he's tough AF, he waits for the less experienced guy to fuck up, and he only needs 2-3 big hits to put him away. It's almost like a modern Lesnar match in a way.

Edited by GuerrillaMonsoon
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, paul sosnowski said:

WWF 85

Andre and Mr. Wonderful vs Piper and Bob Orton Jr

-------------------------------------------------------

Not sure why this is in a foreign language.   This is the main event of the August 10, 1985 Madison Square Garden show, which is on the Best of MSG DVD set

Arabic voice over for the Middle East?

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

There are over 10 music videos for the Fabs on YouTube. So there are probably more out there...

That one of them on the motorcycles riding down the road set to Beat It is the gayest music video of all time.

Therefore it is the greatest one of them all.

San Francisco TV Studio Match   November 18, 1978

Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski (with Dr Ken Ramey) vs. Enrique Vera & Ron Starr

Rose & Wiskowski are NWA (San Francisco) World Tag Team champions, but apparently this is a non title match.   Vera & Starr win the titles 5 days later in Sacramento.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdDJAYaopys

Edited by paul sosnowski
  • Like 5