DVDVR Message Board
RIPPA

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

Fun fact: This match took place on my 16th birthday

• Like 2

Okay, this absolutely has to be posted here. Tarzan Goto in a chair on the lawn ringside, Tajiri showing he can do shootstyle (what can't the man do?), at a high school track in New Jersey with fans yelling "USA" and "kill the Jap". For the NWA title. Good lord.

• Like 2

Speaking of 1995 NWA World Title defenses in New Jersey

• Confused 1

Like, the opening few minutes of this is only worth seeing because it gets bogged down with Chyna but BASK in the incredible bumping styling of X-Pac as Henry just rag-dolls the dude into the ropes at 100mph before Waltman flies about 15 feet into the air off a press slam. And then Henry gets up huge for a double suplex and straight up plants Chyna with a powerslam. Do we move the "Mark Henry Became Good in 2003" goal posts even further back because he was awesome here.

I am sure @Matt D is already aware this was uploaded but just in case

John Tolos vs. Killer Kowalski

12 minutes ago, Matt D said:

From 1992, you madman!

in FMW no less

It's basically boths last match (outside Kowalski doing three matches Top Rope 15 years later)

Reid and David Flair vs The Nasty Boys w/Hulk Hogan as ref

Remember that time when New Japan sent Nakamura to Orland to promote his upcoming title defense against Kurt Angle and TNA put him in a match with Elix Skipper on Xplosion?

• Haha 1

I finally fond a YouTube clip of the entire 7/21/89 WCW WWW match between the SST and Jerry Price / Cougar Jay.

The bump you have always heard horror stories about and is probably your favorite spot in any squash match happens at the 6:24 mark.

That Dan Severn/Tajiri match was fun. Dan Severn is terrible at making comebacks fun for audiences though.

On 11/8/2017 at 12:31 PM, J.T. said:

I finally fond a YouTube clip of the entire 7/21/89 WCW WWW match between the SST and Jerry Price / Cougar Jay.

The bump you have always heard horror stories about and is probably your favorite spot in any squash match happens at the 6:24 mark.

The fact that the guy wasn't paralyzed is a bonafied miracle.