DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

I remember watching those dogshit Muta TC  matches back when they were first available. If you’d told me, then, that Muta would still be wrestling 17 years later, I’d have guffawed.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 12:00 AM, Curt McGirt said:

@Hagan you absolutely have to see this. 

I'm at the office, so I'm hoping that I quoted the right video, but I watched this on a whim over the weekend. It's more angle than match, but the wrestling portion of it was so compelling and good. Dibiase sold it well, and it was an early glimpse of JR's over dramatization on commentary.

• Like 2

Misawa used to get so drunk in order to sleep with all the damage done to his neck and spine. And developed problem with joints in his neck. Anyway NOAH reduced head drops after Misawa's death and moved to doing more strikes.

This whole thing is amazing. From the six minute arthouse film opening to Bull's bedroom being adorned like every preteen girl in 1993 to the final match of the tape where they keep in Manami Toyota blowing every move in the history of pro wrestling. On top of that, you have Kyoko blowing her patented turnaround springboard dropkick and falling right on her face. Whoever edited this (and that's being nice) was asleep at the wheel.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Like 2

dude I wish I could tell you how many times I've come close to buying that on eBay when I do my weekly Bull Nakano searches (all there ever is are trading cards, maybe a program or two, and this tape - I've seen it listed as both a DVD and VHS).

• Like 1

Guest Edwin
22 hours ago, D.Z said:

Another match in 四天王プロレス or Shitenno professional wrestling style.

tenor.gif

I've been watching Japanese pro-wrestling or "Puroresu" (which isn't even a thing) for over 20 years and am pretty knowledgeable when it comes to it, but this is the first time I've ever heard the term "Shitenno."

It's the term used for the escalation style. Enuhito from Japan used to mention the style a lot before he vanished and Japanese journalists also wrote about it. Fans and journalists in the know would refer it to as that.

Never used at all for marketing though.

616MSYFtslL._SL500_SX380_BO1,204,203,200

Guest Edwin
4 hours ago, D.Z said:

It's the term used for the escalation style. Enuhito from Japan used to mention the style a lot before he vanished and Japanese journalists also wrote about it. Fans and journalists in the know would refer it to as that.

Never used at all for marketing though.

616MSYFtslL._SL500_SX380_BO1,204,203,200

Google says Shitenno means Four Heavenly Kings and is a reference to Misawa, Kawada, Kobashi and Taue as All Japan Four Heavenly Kings.