DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

16 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Dave was probably there in the crowd. I agree with Rev, I mean all the Santito/Casas stuff is typically great and the crowd is super super hot but a wandering brawl is just that unless it's Benoit/Sullivan or something.

Never heard of Billy Scott or Gene Lydick for that matter. They both acquitted themselves well though, Lydick/Kakihara was a nice matchup. 

12 hours ago, Matt D said:

1. It's a match that everyone on the board should see and I love the fact that there's the Santito/Casas stuff happening in the ring at the same time as everything outside, but yeah..

2. There are two versions of the match that were filmed and one is way more chaotic and visceral than the other and that makes a big difference and I'm putting kids to bed so I can't figure out which is which and which was posted. 

9 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Pretty sure the chaotic one was the one posted. The first fall is mostly floor action to the point where I skipped ahead. If there's an even CRAZIER one then that should be fun to watch. 

I know that I've quoted the same person twice, but here is (I believe) the same match but the more chaotic filming of it (handheld in the crowd). Had it on DVD so ripped and uploaded.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Curt McGirt

Next they set some old dude down in the ring for an interview, give a ten bell salute and he starts crying. What's up with that? 

That was the retirement ceremony for Kintaro Ohki, who was one of the three big rookies under Rikidozan (along with Kanji Inoki and Shohei Baba). IIRC, he ended up a bigger star in his native Korea than he ever was in Japan. He was famous for having an iron-tough head. His big spot was running full speed into the ring post, head first.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Bertha Faye vs La Pantera Surena

Why would you post a Bertha Faye match, when there's Monster Ripper matches available?

20 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Bertha Faye vs La Pantera Surena

Super surly, smokes-a-carton-a-day growly voiced Jaguar Yokota in the present disapproves of this match. 

It's the infamous live JWP TV show that ran from 1:30 - 5 am. Meltzer's write-up for this is truly hysterical, complete with the best battle royale he'd seen in his life to that point. Eagle-eyed viewers can find two familiar faces in the crowd trying to stay awake.

Kane in PWFG?  Why not?  He actually acquits himself well with some nice slaps and a couple of decent suplexes.  Ikeda isn't really throwing heavy leather like you would want so this never gets too good.