DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

Guest Edwin

Zangiev and Hashimikov vs. Anjo and Yamazaki from U Inter. Features some stiff strikes, some neat throws as expected, a beautiful Anjo weasel performance, a nasty heel hook and an epic finishing move. An banger of a match.

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

That was a banger. Anjoh is such a little bitch in that and brings the heat to it. Salman comes off better than I've ever him, and then Zangiev does THAT FINISH. That is the coolest finish I've seen in awhile. The Russians were fuckin' beasts. 

The Weasel Mutilation!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

That was a banger. Anjoh is such a little bitch in that and brings the heat to it. Salman comes off better than I've ever him, and then Zangiev does THAT FINISH. That is the coolest finish I've seen in awhile. The Russians were fuckin' beasts. 

The finish looked cool as hell, but it also reminded me a little of the spinning toe hold. I couldn't see the value added of the bridging bit as far as increasing the torque on the hold. But that's being really picky. I'm loving all this Zangiev.

Those Judo throws were lethal looking. The replay of him doing the spin escape was awesome. Speaking of which I agree that the Zangiev finish is a little goofy, a little Rolling Cradle- or Giant Swing-esque, but it looks cool.

Something I always liked about the UWF and RINGS crowds, they were always loud and popped big for the exchanges. It's part of why I like shoot style so much. 

Hey!  Some Danny Hodge footage showed up today. When I was six years old, he was awesome because he squeezed apples to death.  Joe Leduc is awesome in this.

Cool, Dean. Somewhere in this time frame, Florida did an injury angle with Hodge and Tanaka in a TV match. Tanaka chopped and generally worked over his stomach until Hodge was bleeding from the mouth. I was impressed. Hodge was gone-- from Florida, at least-- for a while. and when he came back seeking revenge, he looked like he'd actually had surgery. I always figured they worked the injury to cover for some planned procedure. 

• Like 1

It was really good. I'm sure Meltzer liked all the strike exchanges. They were good this time around because they were sold very well by both guys. ZSJ is ZSJ, and A-Kid tries to match him hold for hold which is the most interesting part. A-Kid's own offense is Spanish Flys and superkicks, chops and slaps; they keep it simple and it works. The crowd is total NXT constant chanting but they're hot for everything. I dunno if I would give it a five... but I bet that Chris Hero/ZSJ match that's showing up in the feed probably is.

Another thing I liked is ZSJ being arrogant at first and then slowly getting wore down from having to keep up with A-Kid, getting frustrated and tired. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Thanks 1

Abdullah the Butcher vs Son of Jason from WWC 2004. This isn't good at all but worth watching just to see babyface Abdullah. Everyone bleeds from Jason(who Abby unmasks) to the ref to even the female valet(who the ref blades right in front of the camera)

Chicky Starr and Victor the Bodyguard vs Hugo Savinovich and Kane from IWA Puerto Rico 2001. Just the face that this match exists makes me happy. PR goes insane for Kane and Hugo.

• Like 1