DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

God, I go to the one with Tommy Dreamer on it and FF to the ECW stuff and the first thing I see -- I mean it's like I went right to it on accident -- is Tommy getting his testicle smashed by Lawler with the kendo stick. I've seen that before but I've never heard the scream he let out when it happened. Hol-eee SHIT. 

EDIT: Ha, Kane is still working as Doomsday later in that same video

Edited by Curt McGirt

On 3/20/2020 at 9:26 AM, Pete said:

Look at the fucking punch Adams throws at 2:30!

Holy crap. What a potato!

The feud between Garvin and Adams for the soul of Sunshine was the fucking best.

Edited by J.T.

The quality of the video here is great.-- is it film? Fritz stunningly throws TWO dropkicks. Missing the second one ends up costing him the first fall. Love how they sell the claw as DEATH. Baba the hero is not too proud to scramble outside the ring to escape it. Fritz is such a great natural heel-- something scarily primitive about him.  Ends in a countout and fun brawl outside the ring. There must have been a rematch or three.

• Like 3

Well I'll be damned, I found Cage of Death. I was gonna put it in the Danielson thread just for an example of how much someone could do not even being in a match but that seemed like weak sauce for that thread. 

BTW, if you haven't seen this before, you should really really watch it

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

Kawada & Mossman VS Fujiwara & Yone 

How did Mossman become Taiyo Kea? For the longest time I didn't actually watch AJPW and Mossman was a dude in results. When I actually started watching he was Kea and it was a while before I realized they were the same person.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Infinit said:

How did Mossman become Taiyo Kea? For the longest time I didn't actually watch AJPW and Mossman was a dude in results. When I actually started watching he was Kea and it was a while before I realized they were the same person.

Same but that's right around the time I got into it. As for why, the change wasn't anything huge but to make him more relatable to the Japanese fans:

Mossman was given the semi-Japanese name "Taiyō Kea" (from taiyo, sun, and the Polynesian word kea). Kea was pushed as a strong loyalist and won the World Tag Team Championship with Johnny Smith.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Well I'll be damned, I found Cage of Death. I was gonna put it in the Danielson thread just for an example of how much someone could do not even being in a match but that seemed like weak sauce for that thread. 

BTW, if you haven't seen this before, you should really really watch it

Fun fact: after some mutant hit Claudio with a bottle he grabbed it and threw it back into the crowd. Unfortunately the bottle went nowhere near the guy who threw it and instead hit me right in the chest while I was at the back of the bleachers.

• Like 1

That BattlARTS match is going to the next person I get for Secret Santo for sure, and it led me to this 

I'm not sure why KENTA ever went back to Japan after watching this. It's like all the Shibata matches where he faced the big puro stars and got his ass handed to him, only in one match and strung out over 20 minutes. 

Guest Edwin

Takada vs. Koshinaka in '96 in U Inter for the IWGP heavyweight title.

Very good match with a great Koshinaka performance and Takada just being brought along for the ride.

Guest Edwin

Han vs. Kopylov from RINGS '93.

More so a Han exhibition as he ties Kopylov's legs in some weird knots.

Edited by Edwin