DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

On 2/13/2020 at 9:04 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Here's a hot take: Takada blows.

Bad wrestler and worse fighter. I can get why he was the poster child of the worked shoot style (see Dean’s reply) but my god he was embarrassing in hindsight 

I had so much fun watching this. The Great Togo was such a good Heel. Funny moments in the first fall and then the start slapping each other up. The Dusek Brothers (part of the Riot Squad?) did what might be my new favorite move, the rolling headlock. “It’ll make you dizzier than the airplane spin!” 

• Like 1

Rick Martel's WCW comeback run was mentioned in another thread and I wanted to relive it, but there isn't much online. Damn you Vince. 

Booker T vs. Rick for the TV title is above. There are probably other big matches where he made the card on DM too, just stuck in the middle of full cards like this.

EDIT: Didn't realize the Janetty match was WWF until now. Duh

EDIT II: God first I get the wrong file for the Booker match then I realize because of Hogan's yammering there are two parts. They actually let the asshole filibuster ON THE PPV. You'd think that would be covered in the two-plus hours of total mic time the NWO already got on TNT and TBS during the week back then.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Thanks 1

I actually meant to post this here when I watched it the other day. Sub-five-minute Eddie/Martel match, but they get in a lot for the time they have. This is obviously a tease of an awesome 10-15 minutes we never got. One of my favorite versions of Eddie. He just looked so sleazy, he legit gave me the creeps as a kid. 

While I’m here, I also watched Buddy Rose challenge Dynamite Kid for the PNW title and enjoyed the heck out of it. Portland is one of my many huge blind spots, and I’ve never seen a Rose performance I didn’t like, so I’ve really got to get into that more.