DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

2 hours ago, paul sosnowski said:

The above match is for the NWA Texas Brass Knuckles Title..    And...to be fair, 2 weeks later, also in Houston on 9/22/78, Brody beat Johnson 2/3 falls to win the America's Title

True enough, but that's three times in two weeks that Johnson pinned Bruiser Brody and two of those pinfalls resulted in a title change.  That's got to be worth something.

Edited by J.T.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

True enough, but that's three times in two weeks that Johnson pinned Bruiser Brody and two of those pinfalls resulted in a title change.  That's got to be worth something.

This was also all before his first All Japan tour in 79, and I feel like I have read that the stubbornness about not jobbing didnt really start getting rampant until after his career there took off. I know one of the Texas Championship Wrestling posts from Hidden Gems last year has Brody jobbing to Stan Stasiak in the second half of 1980. 

• Like 2

There is a lot of Big Mouth Loud on Youtube. This is nearly two hours of it. Features 2006 Ibushi, baby Nakajima, and will remind you of when Sasaki had finally shaped up into being a fairly good wrestler and the biggest ass-kicker on the planet. Will also remind you of the loss of Katsuyori Shibata, maybe the biggest "what could have been"s in puro. 

BE MAD WITH ATTACK~!

Have to add this from the Big Mouth LOUD account. Suzuki, Takayama, and SUWA on one team. You read that right.

Edited by Curt McGirt

On 1/16/2020 at 9:37 PM, clintthecrippler said:

This was also all before his first All Japan tour in 79, and I feel like I have read that the stubbornness about not jobbing didnt really start getting rampant until after his career there took off. I know one of the Texas Championship Wrestling posts from Hidden Gems last year has Brody jobbing to Stan Stasiak in the second half of 1980. 

For what it's worth, Rocky had put Brody over big time in Florida in 1975, when he was a much bigger star than the green Frank Goodish. Maybe Frank felt he owed him something.

• Like 1

Your 2020 PPV Dream Main Event, as the first match on a card in 2016:

Brian Cage and Keith Lee decide that despite weighing a combined 565 pounds, they're spending the first half of the match just doing Lucha spots, flawlessly. And then they start doing power moves instead and it's even more impressive.

• Like 2

Another reminder that IWE was W-I-L-D. Jos is once again bleeding in the first minute. Check out what Inoue does at the very beginning of the second fall! 

And here's a special treat: this same guy uploaded what looks to be the whole first WAR card on his account. More Yasuraoka! Haku vs. Kerry Von Erich! ...KABUKI!

Spoiler

• Like 2