DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

November 1st, 1985, Freeman Coliseum, San Antonio: American Force (Paul Diamond & Shawn Michaels) defeat Japanese Force (Samson Fuyuki & Toshiaki Kawada)  

November 4th, 1985, Fort Hood, TX: TAW Texas Tag Team Title: American Force (Paul Diamond & Shawn Michaels) (c) defeat Japanese Force (Samson Fuyuki & Toshiaki Kawada)

Edited by Cobra Commander

19 hours ago, D.Z said:

Andre the Giant, Dick Murdoch & Adrian Adonis vs. Antonio Inoki, Tatsumi Fujinami & Tiger Chung Lee

I don't think you could form a more gaijin trio if you tried...

Well, maybe Stan Hansen, Bruiser Brody, and Abdullah the Butcher..

• Like 1

Super World Sport main events were awesome.  Tenryu and Yatsu hate each other and they have Haku and Hara killing each other. Meanwhile the LEAST stiff working participant is fuckin Greg Valentine.

• Like 3

That was very weird. Loved the slam to the ropes, but there wasn't much else to like. Those stomps on the end were particularly bad. Who was the Convict?

I know Big Daddy isn't thought of this super worker or anything, but he's fantastic in his role here and this is quite the neat match. It's mostly a beatdown from Rollerball and Banger Walsh on Kid Chocolate and then a hot tag comeback from Big Daddy with some big bumps from Rollerball and Banger Walsh. Best Big Daddy match I've seen.

Edited by Edwin

This seems like a match that is way ahead of it's time and well worth watching. It's a 1980's New Japan Jr.'s match taking place in 1979 in England. Great stuff.

Another doozy along the line of the previously posted Rollerball Rocco vs. Chris Adams match I posted. Again, if you are into 1980's New Japan Jr.'s, then this should be right up your ally.

3 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Jumbo Tsuruta and Tenryu take on Ric Flair and Rick Martell.  I never knew they ever tagged together.  Whaddyaknow.

I remember the Apter mags actually played it up big at the time. Some legit dream match connotations.

• Like 1