DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

On 10/22/2019 at 5:08 PM, DEAN said:

KILLER KHAN! and fuckin CRUSHER BLACKWELL!

I think the first time I ever saw blood on a normal TV taping was an AWA match where Khan and Blackwell beat the living shit out of each other.

My mom lost her shit when she saw what I was watching.   I almost got punished.  It was a better time.

8 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Come for a youthful Chris Jericho, stay for the insane Ciclon Ramirez tope.

Jericho was a pretty man when he was young.  Now he looks like Kenny Omega's grandmother.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

Some recent uploads from Monsoon Classic ...

Terry Funk vs. Jake Milliman -- AWA, 1985. Stay for the epic video introducing viewers to Funk at the end. I would purchase a pickup truck if Terry Funk were its national spokesman.

Funk/Bockwinkel/"Mr. Electricity" vs. High Flyers and C. Hennig -- AWA, 1985.

1989 WWE -- first time I've heard this entrance music connected to Perfect. Very spaghetti western-esque.

Edited by colonial
  • Like 2

I don't know if I have ever seen this match. I remember their mask versus mask match.  Either way, Ciclon Ramirez slaughters three rows of fans with a fucking awesome tope.

I'd feel sad for TCLee for being the most obvious"helloImgoingtobetheonetoeatapin" fellow ever, but I had to suffer thru his face turn and interminable matches with Mr. Fuji at MSG show so forget him. I like to imagine Murdoch, Adonis, and Andre argued over who gets to do the "tied up in the top and second rope" spot and finally deciding no one gets to do it then.

- RAF