DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

On 8/24/2019 at 11:59 AM, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

KTBrooks was the second most intimidating pro wrestler that I ever met in person. I offered him a cigar, and he got in my face and snarled "this ain't one of the loaded ones that explodes is it, because people have tried to to that to me before, y'know" and I stammered my reassurance of the stogie's veracity as well as my respect for his body of work. He really looked at that point (circa 2000? I gotta think on that) liked a learned and wise rabbi, which also delighted/unnerved me.

-

Was it a local group out of Plano, Texas, TCW (I think) ?

I saw Killer Tim and Black Bart hold a Texas Death Match around that time period...one of them got heat by saying they pinned all of the Von Erichs..."I went down to the cemetery and laid across all their graves! Ha Ha Ha!"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Great ML said:

Was it a local group out of Plano, Texas, TCW (I think) ?

I saw Killer Tim and Black Bart hold a Texas Death Match around that time period...one of them got heat by saying they pinned all of the Von Erichs..."I went down to the cemetery and laid across all their graves! Ha Ha Ha!"

It was at a CAC - 2000, maybe?

- RAF

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

Abdullah the Butcher(wearing the Big Gold Belt and a babyface) vs Big Hages aka Emory Hale managed by Jimmy Hart from Septiembre Negro 2001. This was during the WWC vs XWF feud.

Such a bizarre period in WWC. Wilfredo Alejandro's rapper gimmick was cringy.

Edited by Edwin