DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

5 hours ago, Matt D said:

There's not exactly a ton of All South (Ann Gunkel) from the 80s readily available on youtube.

Holy shit, Ann in the flesh. Any idea what year this is from? I heard Thriller, so at least 1982.

Freddie Miller on play by play, this is wild.

This one has David Crockett talking about the Flair nose breaking angle during a Greg Valentine squash from Mid Atlantic & the Midnights on Georgia + a singles Condrey match against Tommy Rich.

• Like 1

This is a match I'd never consider watching due to it's length, but it's far better than it had any right to be.

Eddie Edwards is a guy I wasn't a fan of previously, but his series with Busick has made me change of opinion.

Guest Edwin

Someone uploaded the entire 2003 Differ Cup to YouTube, but the stand out match to me is the KENTA & Kotaro Suzuki vs. MIKAMI & KUDO third place match which also features a ladder and is an absolute must see for fans of indy wrestling and I timestamped.

Enjoy!

That tournament was the ultimate hotness when it came out. I couldn't wait for the DVDs to arrive and it lived up to the hype. Kotaro Suzuki's best contribution to wrestling. Kenta doing the look over Mikami at the start of their encounter is something I still clearly remember and was a fantastic cocky, big league move. 

Guest Edwin
Just now, Oyaji said:

Top 10 match in terms of enjoyment of all time for me along with Masakatsu Funaki vs. Tatsuo Nakano from UWF in that "throwaway hidden gems" category.

That match rules.

Maybe my favorite shoot style match ever.

14 hours ago, Edwin said:

An absolute classic. Probably the wildest brawl of all-time.

Thanks for choosing my upload of it haha. You can blame DEAN for inspiring me

Tarzan Goto/ Atsushi Onita vs Dragonmaster/ Masanobu Kurisu - Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling (4/1/1990)

Dragonmaster is Kendo Nagasaki so my I am torqued about the degree of possibility of assbeating in this. Let's crank up the VLC machine and watch this little baby, shall we? Onita enters confused and pissed, like all good deathmatches should start. Onita topes Kendo who reacts as if he has no idea of the concept of a tope which makes it truly awesome. Kendo flies through an entire section of chairs and then stands up BRAWLS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER. Maaaaaaan, Kendo Nagasaki is the great lost brawler of Puro. the punches are fucking AWWWWWESOME. KENDO IS AWWWESSSSOOME. He beats the dogshit out of Goto and it FUCKING RULES. Kendo fucking SLAUGHTERS Goto with a chair and then they start beating the shit out of each other in the ring. Kendo bumps to the floor and Goto goes after Kendo and this is truly why YOU watch pro wrestling. Onita and Kurisu opt to enter the match and both decide for the less strenuous "Bleed a Bucket But Let Goto Deal With Nagasaki" route. Kendo with the HIDEOUSLY GNARLEY Piledriver. Kurisu can take being upstaged by Kendo no longer and just CRUSHES Goto's skull with headbutts and blood is now flying all over the place. Jesus, Onita has to have the singular experience of saying, "At one point in my life, I was being simultaneously beaten to death by Kendo Nagasaki and Masanobu Kurisu! God, that sucked an ass!" For him. For us, it is fucking beautiful Professional Wrestling. Kurisu kicking Goto in the teeth with cowboy boots is soooo fucking great. Kendo is awesome beating Goto and Onita with a chair while Onita and Goto try to cover the other up. That is your story, Our friendship will WILL us to fight back with fighting spirit and THUS Goto and Onita go on offense. Onita isolates Kurisu and hits Thunder Fire Powerbombs for the win while Goto tries to keep Kendo from slaughtering the first 8 rows. POSSIBLY THE GREATEST THING ON EARTH. KENDO NAGASAKI IS YOUR OWN PERSONAL JESUS.

Roy's been going deep with the uploads. Texas All Star with pre-Rockers Shawn Michaels teaming with Paul Diamond.

Not sure how widely circulated this one has been, silent 8mm Hogan-Backlund from Decemeber 1980:

Edited by peachchaos
  • Like 3

If that Backlund-Hogan match is from Worcester, the correct date is February 7, 1980, not December.

Hulk Hogan defeated WWF World Champion Bob Backlund via count-out when Backlund fell out of the ring after giving Hogan an airplane spin

i

Edited by paul sosnowski

Let us remember the awesomeness of the late King Kong Bundy in the preferred manner of watching him beat the living shit out of people.

Jeff Cripley is about to live up to his last name, guys.

Edited by J.T.

If I were a 400+ pound behemoth, I'd have dropped an elbow on Little Beaver as well just for using that name for his Native American gimmick.

The tease of the Big Splash was genius.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1