DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

On 12/25/2018 at 6:01 PM, Captain Kronos said:

Not much to see, apart from Dreamer's Taue ring gear cosplay. 

TOMMY DREAMER vs. AKIRA TAUE (All Japan 1-19-95 Osaka)- (POGO PETE): "Oh my."  It's everyone's Hardcore Hero backinaday when he was still a total candy-ass and his body had yet to self-destruct.  Tommy hits two of the worst dropkicks on Taue that you'll ever see... an easy .9 Watts.  Tommy slaps on an abdominal stretch, at which point Taue says "Your brush with respectability is now OVA!", kicks the stew out of 
him and slaps on a much hurtier-looking version of said hold.  Tommy tries to come back with a laughable flying shoulderblock, a laughable backdrop and a laughable frog splash as the crowd starts to yell for something good like the comedy match.  Taue finally resumes control, hits a turning powerslam and a lariat, and puts the crowd out of their misery with the nodowa for the pin at 4:24.  Either the worst Taue match ever or the best Dreamer match ever.

Take in mind this was before the awesome Dreamer/CW Anderson match ever came along 

• Like 2

Beautifully stated. I would like to have seen more of the I’m not supposed to be here today leave me alone you kids Taue that we get a lot of times in the tag matches. 

Dreamer’s frog splash was nuts. It’s like he forgot what move he was doing, while in mid-air.

• Like 1

Yeah, that helps. It's just that between the review and the gif of his entrance I thought I was good; now I need to see Tommy fight the spiders off in the ring

EDIT: The CW match was on I think the ECW Extreme Rules DVD? It was one of the WWE releases, at the very end before the crash and burn in I think '99. Tommy brings out a roll of razor wire which is just about the dumbest thing ever but aside from that, a really good match.

Okay, after watching Dreamer/Taue I'm convinced that Baba actually thought his people had flew back over Danny Kroffat for a non-tag match until he saw whatever that was. If Foley had problems working over there I can only imagine the backstage laughter from management after seeing it. And yes, the spiders were definitely attacking poor Tommy on that "frogsplash". I'd take him bringing out razor wire anyday in comparison, whew...

• Like 1

Happy birthday, Bill Eadie. 

We will celebrate the career of Mr. Eadie by watching him in his well revered Masked Superstar gimmick kick the living shit out of people and love him for it.

RIP, Burrhead Jones....  He deserves this beating for using that gimmick name..

• Like 4

It's a shame that Superstar ended up having one of the worst matches on the New Japan '80s set for somebody so badass. I blame Inoki. 

When Ernie came out at the end of that first squash I just about shit. And of course, there is no footage of them going at it on Youtube. Booooo

EDIT: I'm surprised Superstar gave good old Maniac Mike Davis so much offense, especially after laying that ass-stomp on Burrhead Jones. Meanwhile of course you're gonna give Fatu offense because he's Fatu haha

• Like 1