DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

2 more and that's all the W★ING for now.

Mr. Pogo & Super Invader vs. Mitsuteru Tokuda & Yukihiro Kanemura in a Caribbean barbed wire barricade death match:

Nobutaka Araya, Ryo Miyake & Shoji Nakamaki vs. Gedo, Jado & Hido in a street fight:

That's an all-time classic for sure. It's on one of the Schneider comps. All that file is missing is Hayabusa bawling on the mic after, with the crowd gathered around the ring pounding the mat; a legit emotional moment that underlined that he could be the ace to replace Onita in FMW.

"You say Tiger Driver, I say powerbomb. I say that was awesome... Yeah, it doesn't matter what you call these moves, YOU DIRT SHEET DOGS!"

"He calls that the Awesome Bomb because it's always totally awesome!"

On 9/24/2018 at 8:14 PM, Edwin said:

Nobutaka Araya, Ryo Miyake & Shoji Nakamaki vs. Gedo, Jado & Hido in a street fight:

Masayoshi Motegi, not Miyake. And yeah, that match is fantastic.

Go to Veoh and type in "IWA House Death Match" if you want to see like the funniest thing ever. It is so completely preposterous and Japanese. It was reviewed by Rippa a couple years back if you need any more convincing, but yeah, I just watched it and you should too, for the video game sounds and Crypt the Keeper's grunting alone.

Posted about these matches earlier in the Wrestling Discussion thread while talking about why I'm not a fan of modern New Japan, Okada or Omega:

2 of the best New Japan Jr. heavyweight matches ever.

On 10/23/2018 at 6:28 PM, paul sosnowski said:

I'm just wondering why you posted Hogan- Andre.   Not exactly a rare match or a very good one....

It drew dimes, also it may be very workrate low but it told a story too. 

Worse match I ever seen is Abby vs Zeus. All of Zeus fault.