DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

On 6/28/2017 at 1:40 AM, odessasteps said:

Haven't watched all of this yet but one of the matches is

The baron and Ernie Ladd (with heenan) vs dick the bruiser and Bruno 

The Bruno/Dick team had one of the all-time great faction names. ANNIHILATION INC.

3 hours ago, Captain Kronos said:

Did they introduce SABU from Bombay, Michigan? :lol: 

I think that even made him laugh. 

The last couple of years he was in ECW they introduced him with Bombay, Michigan as his hometown. I think it was a wink and a nod to both the original gimmick and the fact that most fans by that point knew he was just some dude from Michigan like his uncle was.

• Like 1

This totally deserves to be crossposted from Segunda. Pro-shot '80s lucha is pretty rare and this little gem just showed up. Rocky King is I guy I don't remember much of from the '80s set but the crowd is 100% behind him here, chanting his name with girls screaming at the top of their lungs, and los Brazos are full-on rudos here with Porky posing (and he looks great!) and flipping off the crowd. Young Eddy doesn't do a lot and Lizmark only hits one HUGE Quebrada, but this is the story of el Brazo vs. Rocky and they bleed all over the place bigtime. Blood licking, blood spitting, blood leaking, this would have been high on my list just because of the closeup gore. I agree with our fellow Segunders, not a great match but a blast despite that.

Oh yeah, Porky also dives off the apron and it looks like everyone falls through the earth from the camera angle, so you should probably watch it just for that.

So I was listening to this week's The Card is Going to Change podcast and it's an interview with Glacier. It is revealed during the interview that Glacier competed in UWFi in the early '90's. One YouTube search later and I found some footage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Like, the opening few minutes of this is only worth seeing because it gets bogged down with Chyna but BASK in the incredible bumping styling of X-Pac as Henry just rag-dolls the dude into the ropes at 100mph before Waltman flies about 15 feet into the air off a press slam. And then Henry gets up huge for a double suplex and straight up plants Chyna with a powerslam. Do we move the "Mark Henry Became Good in 2003" goal posts even further back because he was awesome here.