DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

On 1/26/2017 at 6:05 PM, Web Conn said:

3. Pacman gets the pin on Sting and the camera misses it, focusing on Karen Angle on the outside instead.

All things being equal, I'd also prefer to focus on Karen now Jarrett outside of the ring rather than Pacman Jones inside of the ring.

Hey!  Virginia's own Preston Quinn will the the oldest dude ever to compete in the ROH Top Prospects tournament!

Let us travel back in time to 2009 and watch PQ (working as a face for a change) beat the living shit out of Rex Sterling

The finish is particularly brutal.

This is one of my all time favorite matches and I'm glad to see a quality copy of it is online.

If non-Admins are allowed to submit matches to the 1001 project, I'll offer this.

• Like 1

Good find on the Ernie Ladd vs. Crusher Broomfield (aka One Man Gang) match, Matt D! Was literally just watching the Steve Corino Old School shoot with One Man Gang on Highspots last night where Gang talked about Ernie Ladd coming to ICW, and then Ladd putting in a good word for him with Watts when he returned to Mid-South.

By the way, that's a really fun shoot. Gang seems likes a really nice and likable dude, could have easily watched Corino shoot the shit with him for another two hours.

P.S. I want to know who told One Man Gang to stop doing dropkicks :(

NOAH must've gave Tenryu the book for this match as some kind of retirement gift. 

Tenryu in Sports Entertainment FMW not doing much Sports Entertaining

EDIT: Boy does this match suck. Fuyuki is well past his sell-by date (RIP) and the crowd sits on their hands. The only redeeming factor is Tenryu trying to break his arm on Fuyuki's face. The rest of it is like watching two snails fuck. 

and for some reason I have never seen this

EDIT II: After watching I'm kind of sorry for posting this, because it's just sad. There is one good part in the middle where Misawa has a Popeye moment and can't stands no more and starts laying into Tenryu, but at this age/length of career/amount of physical abuse neither man should have been attempting moves. Any kind of moves. And for a separate reason not even strikes because the last elbow looks like it sent Tenryu into the black land, and for that reason alone you should at least skip forward and see it. 

If that makes you feel bad, go and watch the first two matches I posted

The best Dory Funk Jr. was always salty, onset of serious baldness Dory Funk Jr. 

BTW, these matches are the birth of FMW, ECW, CZW, IWA-MS, BJW and every other hardcore fed on the planet so they're kind of mandatory viewing. The direct link can be seen in the first one where Young Onita is punching Abdullah to get him off Terry and that little light bulb that's affected all of us ever since went off in his head. 

• Like 1

Going through old MiSu stuff in advance of Sunday's bout with Okada, and from the non-NJPW World category, there are still much worse ways to spend 17 minutes than him and Kawada beating the shit out of each other:

• Like 1