DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

IIRC one was a step above of the other, though they were both nuts yes. The best one was just that good. I can’t believe how long it’s been since I seen it. That’s got to be 1 of the few matches that I haven’t seen in over 10 years, that is also a match that I watched as a smart fan/not raging hormonal fan. 

Anyone know where I can find UWFi stuff on the ol' net? There was a Youtube channel, Wrestlistory, that had a ton of shows and was still putting them, including 80s UWF and 90s UWFi. They had a shit load of stuff but now the channel seems to be down. I had watching at least 15 of the Bushido shows and I want to continue. Anyone got a clue of any channels for this stuff out there?

AH! YEAH! I found one!

Aja Kong & Awesome Kong vs. Ayako Hamada & Saki Maemura
or, Erica & Margret vs. Arisin Z & Blanca X - Mascaras contra Cabelleras, HUSTLE HOUSE 10 10/27/2005 in motherfuckin Korakuen

https://archive.org/details/hustle-27.10.2005-hustlehousevol.10 (timestamp = 34:25)

Everyone rules and Korakuen is hot as hell and everything is goofy and dumb and awesome and perfect, I love this match. You should love this match.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, notoriusvig said:

Anyone know where I can find UWFi stuff on the ol' net? There was a Youtube channel, Wrestlistory, that had a ton of shows and was still putting them, including 80s UWF and 90s UWFi. They had a shit load of stuff but now the channel seems to be down. I had watching at least 15 of the Bushido shows and I want to continue. Anyone got a clue of any channels for this stuff out there?

It's just matches and not full shows but somebody put up a mirror of Ditch's old sites that has a bunch of UWFi on it (plus FUTEN, U-Style, PWFG, UWF)

The KrisPLettuce google drive also has some original UWF, but again I think it's all just matches and not full shows.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, notoriusvig said:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvkJ7h5bxXBqjg_mxk-YcLerB1vwh2T8I

All the English language Bushido eps. They're the best.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Zimbra said:

It's just matches and not full shows but somebody put up a mirror of Ditch's old sites that has a bunch of UWFi on it (plus FUTEN, U-Style, PWFG, UWF)

The KrisPLettuce google drive also has some original UWF, but again I think it's all just matches and not full shows.

Yeah, I noticed last night that the KrisP drive had some old stuff. I need to watch more of that too.

Here is the famous episode of Memphis Wrestling talked about in the WON where Jeff and Jerry Jarrett get destroyed by Landell and Dundee leading to Eddie Marlin bringing back Lawlor from his loser leave town stip:

https://youtu.be/8oX-ZMQOn8k

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/19/2023 at 12:24 AM, sabremike said:

Here is the famous episode of Memphis Wrestling talked about in the WON where Jeff and Jerry Jarrett get destroyed by Landell and Dundee leading to Eddie Marlin bringing back Lawlor from his loser leave town stip:

https://youtu.be/8oX-ZMQOn8k

On 2/19/2023 at 8:07 PM, Phil Schneider said:

Guess I know what I'm watching and also reading when I have time this weekend. Thanks!

On 2/18/2023 at 2:48 AM, Cobra Commander said:

Since Boni Blackstone came up on the monthly thread, this music video was posted on YouTube recently

I like how they added even more random clips just so they can get to the outro guitar solo. There has to be one territory video set to "Let's Dance" where someone puts in filler just as an excuse to get to Stevie Ray Vaughan's solo.

Shit. If anyone can help me on the Eddie Marlin YOU GOT TWO CHOICES~! (the tildebang happened completely coincidentally. Awesome.) Memphis angle from the other thread, I guess I'll post it here too. It might be one of the boot match Youtubes I didn't watch. Anywho, in the same response to Phil's recent Ringer work:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7qrfwf

Good lord. I'm familiar with I want to say two? of the AJPW matches Tenryu and Mutoh had together, from Ditch's site, but all I can remember is Tenryu busting out a Diamond Cutter off the top to the floor. This is definitely Mutoh's mid-life crisis match. Maybe it's hitting me since I'm approaching 40, but you can tell. He's changed his haircut, his facial hairstyle, he's a well-off man who's chosen a new position (AKA middle aged guy with a new fling/guy who bought an expensive ride), and that seems to be him saying "I still got it!" You might could compare it to Jericho, except he's always had the rabbit trick of changing his gimmick multiple times. Anyway, he's facing Tenryu, who has been grinding all the time at his various companies without stop while Mutoh has been playing Muta in the NWO so ostensibly not working much. It's a great layout for a match with two guys who are willing to sell great, pace things out for their age and still keep the crowd, and take hellish bumps that they shouldn't. Them both aiming for the knees is enough to make some of us recoil. The finish gets slightly flubbed, but this is a hell of a match, and I'm glad to have seen it again.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 2:36 PM, Zimbra said:

This isn't quite as good as I was hoping it would be but Bob Backlund had such amazing weirdo charisma and watching him muscle Hansen around is cool.

As a random aside Backlund's book is one I would classify as a must read. Incredibly honest and informative.

• Like 3