DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

41 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

This is worth watching to see the two doughy white guys “The Boogie  Woogie Men” dancing to the ring to Electricity by Midnight Star. I’m not kidding. 

Holy shit that was awesome. Also great was the pop for "Rock n Roll is King" and the silence when the fans realized it wasn't the Rock n Roll Express lol

Edit: my bad...the RnRs only started teaming in 83 so I'm probably off on this. But it's still funny to me ?

Edited by Infinit

On 7/12/2022 at 9:41 PM, odessasteps said:

Young Bob Holy in 1987. 

I'm getting all the Armstrong Alley uploads on my feed, and it's crazy the amount of just random indies there were after the territories were done. Two weekends ago now, I was somehow watching Texas Championship Wrestling from 1990 with a green ass Steve Austin & Rod Price against the Simpson Brothers at like one in the morning.

• Like 1

The Gary Hart Texas stuff is probably the “most professional” of all the stuff posted so far, except for the ring announcer/interviewer who has an odd charisma despite being bad at those jobs. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Infinit said:

Holy shit that was awesome. Also great was the pop for "Rock n Roll is King" and the silence when the fans realized it wasn't the Rock n Roll Express lol

Edit: my bad...the RnRs only started teaming in 83 so I'm probably off on this. But it's still funny to me ?

Funny thing is it looks like the RnRs are featured in the opening of the show doing a double drop kick right after the Elvis gimmick. Maybe that's the Boogie Woogies then. Scratch that, Southern Sensations it is.

I don't know the manager's name but you could definitely hear the Macho Man-isms.

Edited by driver
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Happ Hazzard said:

Iceman Parsons and Lanny Poffo vs Jim Neidhart and Butch Reed. Good but fairly nondescript match from 1983 Mid-South TV but notable for being the first match where Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler worked as commentary duo.

Man I loved Iceman... but did anyone find it funny that it was Parsons that leaped over the top rope and not Leaping Lanny?

In that era MS you hear the interactions with Georgia(DiBiase and The Road Warriors) and balance that with what we got with the Memphis swap and wonder what would've happened if JR and Gordon Solie had joined forces,

On 7/13/2022 at 9:46 PM, odessasteps said:

This is worth watching to see the two doughy white guys “The Boogie  Woogie Men” dancing to the ring to Electricity by Midnight Star. I’m not kidding. 

If someone would transcribe that Tom Shaft promo, they could be a DVDVR Hero. And his robe?!?! Mercy...

Does anybody have a link to or, if they are feeling extra kind, could upload the handheld footage of Tony Halme vs. Shinya Hashimoto from 1991-02-05? I read the Segunda Caida review and would love to watch but it's not online anymore by the looks of it. 

If this is inappropriate for this thread, I apologize in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

It's pro wrestling from the Philippines, which is actually half wrestling, half weight training trips and hard sells for unisex vitamins and rubbing alcohol. And this comes from a U.S. broadcast, so we have ads for syndie stables like Zamfir and Encyclopedia Britannica.

CRACKER NUTS!

• Like 1

Found this while searching for old indy stuff on YouTube. It's from the old HWA in Cincinnati in 2006:

Chad Allegra (Karl Anderson) & Rocky Romero vs. Nigel McGuinness & Chad Collyer

Edited by onelegbrynn
  • Like 1