DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

I don't fully remember any of the few WWF/WWE live events or house shows I went to. One when Lex Luger was getting pushed and the smoking gunns wrestled. The other one with the Trish Stratus, Chris Jericho, Christian skit.

I will always prefer watching the pro wrestling on tv, streams, youtube over going in buildings to see the shows. None of those smells I don't like as well when watching those ways.

• Thanks 1

My first show, since it was around my birthday and my friend Jim’s birthday a few days later. What a crappy card.

Spoiler
WWF House Show
Date:
Type:
Arena:
Attendance:
ca. 7.800

:::: Not eligible for the matchguide: house show matches cannot be recommended. ::::
Singles Match
:::: Not eligible for the matchguide: house show matches cannot be recommended. ::::
Singles Match
Singles Match
Singles Match
Wendi Richter (c) defeats Leilani Kai
Singles Match
Tag Team Match

• Like 1

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

My first show, since it was around my birthday and my friend Jim’s birthday a few days later. What a crappy card.

Hide contents
WWF House Show
Date:
Type:
Arena:
Attendance:
ca. 7.800

Singles Match
Singles Match
Singles Match
Singles Match
Wendi Richter (c) defeats Leilani Kai
Singles Match
Tag Team Match

Eh, you saw Leilani Kai live.

• Like 2

My first wrestling show:

1 Shane Douglas defeated Nate Thomas
2 Hercules defeated Koko B. Ware
3 Jimmy Snuka defeated Buddy Rose
4 Rick Rude and Mr. Perfect defeated Jake Roberts and Jim Duggan
5 Marty Jannetty defeated Honky Tonk Man
6 Ultimate Warrior, Animal and Hawk defeated Demolition (Ax, Smash and Crush)

We showed up late so we missed the first two matches.  And as I recall Warrior no showed the main event.  Can't remember who replaced him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This match turned 30 on May 6th. Read about it in a PWI article that summer and I was transfixed by pictures...and watching this years later still blows my mind. 

Onita & Tarzan Goto vs The Original Sheik and Sabu in a Fire Death Match from Hyogo, Japan.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 5:33 PM, driver said:

The first wrestling card I ever went to.

WWF @ South Bend, IN - Joyce Athletic & Convocation Center - October 27, 1985
Tony Atlas defeated Rene Goulet
Cpl. Kirchner defeated Barry O
B. Brian Blair defeated Les Thornton
George Steele defeated the Spoiler
WWF Tag Team Champions Greg Valentine & Brutus Beefcake defeated Mike Rotundo & Mr. Wrestling II (sub. for Barry Windham)

My first show was 7 days before in Oakland, also with the Wrestling II last minute sub for Barry Windham

Singles Match

Singles Match

Singles Match
Andre The Giant defeats King Kong Bundy by Count Out

• Like 2

This is mostly the story of young Orihara getting a hellacious beating. At one point he moonsaults, lands on Kimura's knees, and BOUNCES. Tenryu also attains the Ribbon of Blood, as seen above, and chops throats in a violent way. Like most of the matches in the NJ x WAR feud the crowd is hugely pro-New Japan even though this is a WAR show. It always seemed to work out that way. I guess New Japan fans were rabid enough to go to another promotion's show just to cheer their guys back then. 

This showed up in the feed for the last match; haven't seen it but it's gotta be a blast.

EDIT: Oh yeah and check out Tenryu's top-rope elbow in that one for sure. In comparison to his usual lazy sack-of-shit trust fall he jumps and gets a sick moment of hangtime before crashing down. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

This showed up in the feed for the last match; haven't seen it but it's gotta be a blast.

And of course it was. Meltz gave it 4*, apparently. I don't know what the deal was with UFO representing Zero-1 but you know Ogawa knows how to do an interpromotional brawl to the max. Fujii is your random crowbar for the match, he does a good job roughing people up and then selling like he's out on his feet a lot. At one point Kojima chops him so silly he wanders off and does a front roll then can't get off the mat! (The mat, btw, is soaked with Honma's blood from earlier in the night; sadly I can't find that match online. Oh, and the match right before this was Great Muta vs... The Wall?!) Kojima chops hard and Kawada kicks harder. Ogawa is a dick. It's great.