DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

Terry Funk vs. Dusty Rhodes, Texas Death Match, Atlanta, 1980. Wraparound with Funk and Gordon Solie and then Dusty at the end.
Calling that crowd hot would be an understatement.

On 3/3/2022 at 8:34 AM, J.H. said:

Adams did challenge Flair again after turning heel but I have never found the full version of it

This one?

On 1/23/2022 at 10:26 PM, Cobra Commander said:

Considering that they recorded the Raw commentary for taped shows on the day of the show (or they did the commentary live!-ish)... there's probably a bit of a "we're not bringing either of these wrestlers back" all over the commentary of that match.

That explains it, there is no way on earth that Lawler would have chattered so much rot if he even suspected that Aja Kong might be in the same state as him.

1 hour ago, Contentious C said:

What happened to Omori anyway? Injuries? Just not over despite matches like this?

He left to join NOAH, and was kicked out of NOAH eventually in 2002 (one of the reasons because of his stopping the match with Shinya in 2000), falling out with Misawa. He was supposed to be one of Misawa's projects.

He joined multiple promotions over the years, keep in mind backstage politics and who gets what in the other promotions, hierarchy, people mad at him, etc.

He starred in movies.

Since 2011 he has been with AJPW. He mainevented for some while and won the Triple Crown once.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a belly to belly truly from the top rope. One guy is usually on the second rope. I did see it tried and the 2 guys almost died doing it. It was RVD and Jerry Lynn so of course they hopped right back up as soon as the smell of death went away. I don’t know how I forgot about this because that was a move I always wanted to see somebody try. And it was by 2 guys I’d have never thought would even be in the ring together let alone trying this, successfully. 

What a great TV match. Up there with the best ones Nitro had for so long. It was stiff as heck to. Everybody saw the power moves I bet but also Meng’s feet weren’t planted for a single one of the flying attacks and they went WHAM lol! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a belly to belly truly from the top rope. One guy is usually on the second rope. I did see it tried and the 2 guys almost died doing it. It was RVD and Jerry Lynn so of course they hopped right back up as soon as the smell of death went away. I don’t know how I forgot about this because that was a move I always wanted to see somebody try. And it was by 2 guys I’d have never thought would even be in the ring together let alone trying this, successfully. 

What a great TV match. Up there with the best ones Nitro had for so long. It was stiff as heck to. Everybody saw the power moves I bet but also Meng’s feet weren’t planted for a single one of the flying attacks and they went WHAM lol! 

The Barbarian did a HUGE top rope belly to belly on Sting on the Nitro after Slamboree 1996. Launched Stinger to the other side of the ring.

• Like 2

This may or may not be "new" to a lot of folks here, but I watched it for the first time today and...holy shit! One of my favorite matches ever. I think I like it more than the Dog Collar match, too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1