DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

From November 2000 ... an eight-man tag featuring Daniel Bryan, Spanky, Lance Cade and Shooter Shultz in Power Pro Wrestling ...

From Memphis Championship Wrestling -- Bryan and Spanky vs. Seven (Kevin Thorn) and Thrash (Headbanger Thrasher, who wrestles in an overcoat for some reason) ...

And from 2001 Puerto Rico, Los Boricuas take on Headbanger Mosh and Pete Gas. It's Puerto Rico, so expect weapons, liberal interference, and a referee wearing jorts.

Mosh and Pete Gas is a team I would have created in an e-fed back in the day, just because I had a tag team hole to fill.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rrUHeY83Ao

So for some reason the link isn't embedding here which is sad - but I stumbled upon this ESPN Outside the Lines from 1999 titled "Pro Wrestling's Hold on America". It's a 47 minute piece, but I really think a lot of you would enjoy this little road trip back to the Attitude Era with everything going on now. 

Vince has a line about six minutes in about the fans "they dictate to us, not the other way around"... Man, if only.

BRAZO DE ORO/BRAZO DE PLATA/EL BRAZO vs. EL DANDY/POPITEKUS/SUPER ASTRO 5/3/91

What a pure, good, happy match. I was far too busy to do enough grief-watching of Super Porky and this one really hits the spot. Super duper good-natured technico vs. technico stuff, particularly the Porky vs. Popi exchanges. You can hear the children smiling. 1991 El Dandy is the best babyface in the cosmos, Super Astro does some nutty dives and the other Brazos keep the momentum going. Is there a better "I completely forgot I love this guy" technico than Popitekus?

• Like 1

I’ve never seen this before. Dynamite, and Hoshino completely have a breakdown, then start shoot kicking each other low, eye gouge, punch, choke, bite, and at one point Dynamite attempts to reach into Hoshino’s tights to probably rip off his dick to get out of a guillotine. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love Abby and my only knowledge of Putski is from a few mid 80s WWF shows on USA(mainly Putski and Tony Atlas vs The Hart Foundation). Here Abby is pretty svelte(for Abby) and Putski is referred to as "The Powerful Polack" and "The Popular Polack". Abby sells like his life depends on it. The ref looks like a jacked Christopher Meloni with a cop 'stache. Also keep an eye out for the lady photographer dressed all in pink trying to avoid some out of the ring action. Good stuff.

His newest Patreon pod is a biography of Jimmy Valiant and a short chat with him. 

As I said on Twitter,  I drove around Kimgsport with Beau for an afternoon last month and it was great hearing stories about Whitey and the Wrights. 

• Like 1