DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Guest lounging said:

I wonder if Moxley and Omega are going to try and top the match 10 minutes in? Great Sasuke is nuts!

Oh dear Lord! They definitely are, aren't they?

That bump off the top of the ladder belly-first onto the exploding barbed wire, and that fall off the ladder into the land mines... we're going to see both of those again on Sunday, I'd guess.

Yikes.

Edited by El Gran Gordi
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 2:39 PM, DEAN said:

I haven't watched this in 23 years and , man, is it gnarley.  Tomoko Watanabe hits the nastiest released Screwdriver.  Shimoda bleeds and hates Ito to make the drama in the match.  Mita is your underrated wrestling machine.

I watched this last night for the first time. The number of stars I give to this match can only be written by equations with really fancy characters that I can't type. I can't say I've watched a ton of AJW's nightmare years but I get the idea that Kaoru Ito had an underrated run then.

I remember buying some $10 Comcast PPV 15+ years ago with a bunch of LCO matches on it. I was captivated by the juxtaposition of their traditionally good looks and psychoviolent rudo piranha-ism then, I am even more captivated now. There's going to be a lot more high-profile women's tag team matches in North America in the coming years and whatever team decides to steal the LCO formula first is gonna make some money. Chairs and everything. 

• Like 1

I am not into intergender wrestling but it's fine if DDT does it

Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title – DDT Special Four Great Singles Match: Konosuke Takeshita (c) Vs Maki Itoh

• Like 1

VKF have been getting back into the swing of Osaka Pro uploads. Up here, the collision of almighty forces - Kikutaro and Kuishinbo vs Liger and Delfin

Hopping forward in Osaka wrestling chronology, back in January Hayato Nanjyo uploaded his match against Masato Tanaka from FFF. The spirit of FMW will outlive us all.

Edited by Men Dying Slow
  • Like 1

SuperBrawl 3 is well worth your time to watch.
1    The Hollywood Blonds (Brian Pillman and Steve Austin) defeated Erik Watts and Marcus Bagwell[3]    Tag team match    16:34
2    2 Cold Scorpio defeated Chris Benoit    Singles match    19:59
3    Davey Boy Smith defeated Bill Irwin    Singles match    05:49
4    Cactus Jack defeated Paul Orndorff    Falls Count Anywhere match    12:17
5    The Rock 'n' Roll Express (Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson) defeated The Heavenly Bodies (Tom Prichard and Stan Lane) (with Jim Cornette)    Tag team match    12:52
6    Dustin Rhodes (c) defeated Maxx Payne by disqualification    Singles match for the WCW United States Heavyweight Championship    11:28
7    Barry Windham defeated The Great Muta (c) (with Hiro Matsuda)    Singles match for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship    24:10
8    Big Van Vader (with Harley Race) defeated Sting  Non Title White Castle Of Fear Leather Strap Match   20:54 

- RAF

• Like 2

35th anniversary of the last Mid South TV show 

This show has an amazing diatribe by Watts about the Soviet Union during the Korchenko match, even by the Cowboys standard.

Edited by odessasteps

Speaking of AWA, DEAN posted this excellent Velvet McIntyre & Judy Martin vs. Wendi Richter & Joyce Grable from AWA Super Sunday in the Clubberin' Thread but this is a better rip and it's still a hell of a match. A completely warranted 15 minutes given to this undercard attraction! Joyce Grable is the fuckin' shit and Velvet McIntyre hits every proper babyface note to the cent. If you've got more pre-85 North American women's tag matches with this much pure workrate and cool spots going on I'd love to see it. Seriously, Velvet could have been Becky Lynch thirty years early in any just universe.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 6:39 PM, Matt D said:

Tenryu gives him a decent amount despite it never being in question, but man the jabs...

Thank you for sharing. Two of the all time greats.