DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

So no clue how long these will be up for but Stardom is posting several videos with a bunch of older matches up on their youtube page in celebration of their 10th anniversary.

First half is all of the very first show of Stardom. Second half is 3 select matches from the 2013 Sumo Hall show including Yuzuki Aikawa's retirement match against Yoshiko.

This is 5 and half hours and has a shit ton of matches. Much is clipped though there are a few in full. The big ones to check out are Io/Mayu, JKGreen (Momo/Kyona) vs. Thunder Rock (Io/Mayu), Meiko/Io vs. Mayu/Hashimoto. They also have stuff from the Threedom's Mexico tour around the halfway point, including Io/Starfire which is one of two World of Stardom title matches that never really made it onto Stardom World or the net in general. The first Nanae/Alpha Female match that went to a draw is the other for those curious.

Goddesses of Stardom matches. It has two Aikawa/Bito vs. Natsuki/Yoshiko matches (the first two matches for the belts in general), Natsuki/Yoshiko vs. pre-Thunder Rock Io/Mayu (they were in a stable called PLANET), Natsukji/Yoshiko vs. Nanae/Wakizawa, & Thunder Rock vs. Jumonji Sisters (Sachiko & Dash Chisako). 

They have at least two more vids sets to air. One will focus on the World of Stardom Tittle. The other will focus on the Wonder Title.

• Like 1

Wonder of Stardom focused. They surprisingly went short on the length compared to the World and Goddess titles. I'm guessing its because most of the best matches are actually up on Stardom World having been from the reigns of the last three champions. The first match is Yoshiko/Aikawa and is better than it had any right to be considering the two hadn't even been wrestling for a year at the time. Its the must see match here though the rest is probably solid. I want to say Mayu/Bito is worth catching.

World of Stardom focused. Yeah they caught me off guard with this. It goes 5+ hours. Nanae/Bito, Nanae/Meiko, Nanae/Alpha Female II, Alpha Female/Io, Io/Meiko, Io/Yoshiko, Io/Mayu I & II, Io/Toni. Yeah I'm just going to say to watch it all though the Io/Mayu matches & Io/Yoshiko are probably the best. The matches are all in full. Same for the Wonder and Goddess vids further above.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Holy shit, the stiffest comedy match of all time has been uploaded. If you think I'm joking, that chop Rayo throws at 1:45 will show you the light. Get a load of Dick Togo and Funaki on the stage as two more fans enjoying the hell out of this.

• Like 3

OH MY FUCK. @Rev Ray, look what bubbled up to the surface.

For context, Gedo was a huge fan of Baba growing up and so they put this match together a few months before Baba passed. It leads to the single greatest comedy spot in recorded history, which I shan't spoil - but you'll know it when you see it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pete said:

OH MY FUCK. @Rev Ray, look what bubbled up to the surface.

For context, Gedo was a huge fan of Baba growing up and so they put this match together a few months before Baba passed. It leads to the single greatest comedy spot in recorded history, which I shan't spoil - but you'll know it when you see it.

Awwwwwwesome.  I might have to send this to vrtlpros for said spot.  Also, baby kanemaru

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

That was really funny. Baba looked so bemused the whole time, just happy to be in there. Was that his last match?

I think baba usually has that face in the late Era comedy six man.  Gedo sold like a champ reminding me of stories of indy guys arguing with each other over who the team was the one to have honor of taking the battering ram from the bushwackers.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

The other funny part in that was Kanemaru doing a flip sell for the non-existent Baba knee and then them immediately doing it over again while the crowd laughed. 

His last match, btw, is Baba/Rusher/Momota vs. Fuchi/Kikuchi/Eigen from December 5th, 1998 at the Budokan.

Possibly more to the point, this was his second-to-last Budokan match.

As @Morgantisaid, this is how more of the legends/old-timers should be booking themselves- Baba was 60 years old and those matches were basically an excuse for him to get some exercise and literally put smiles on fans' faces (seeing the legend Baba and his old loyal cronies like Rusher, Momota, Eigen et al). A feel-good moment between the hard-hitting action they'd become famous for.

• Like 1

This channel is uploading a bunch of old IWC/IWCCW footage to Youtube. Don't know that it's "rare," but I've seen next to none of it. This one jumped out to me. Ted Petty looks so tiny here. I'm also interested on finding more of the Lethal Weapons. Dennis Condrey & Doug Gilbert sounds like a fun tag team. 

EDIT:  So, there's a run in from Leopard Mask at the end of this. I was just digging around trying to find out who that was and everything points to *that* being Ted Petty. But the prematch promo is clearly Ted Petty, so who in the world was under the Leopard Mask gimmick?

Edited by Shane

I watched this last night on the Rasslin' channel with the sound down as I talked on the phone. I never knew about this match and was thinking, shit this is good. Watched it again this morning with the sound on and unfortunately it's not Lance on the call. I'm sure the Memphis experts will know who this announcer is. He's pretty woeful. My advice: mute it but definitely watch it.

15 minutes ago, LP Steve said:

I watched this last night on the Rasslin' channel with the sound down as I talked on the phone. I never knew about this match and was thinking, shit this is good. Watched it again this morning with the sound on and unfortunately it's not Lance on the call. I'm sure the Memphis experts will know who this announcer is. He's pretty woeful. My advice: mute it but definitely watch it.

Sounds like Randy Hales. Or possibly Pete Puma. But I'm leaning towards Hales.

• Like 1