DVDVR Message Board

IN MEMORIAM 2017

colonial

On 8/19/2017 at 8:56 PM, piranesi said:

A Sonny Landham night would be a great way to immerse yourself in the VCR-level action cinema of the 80s/90s.

Lock Up

I dare you not post this

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I didn't even think about her when I mentioned Richie and Ralphie. She's gotta take that spot in retrospect. 

Now between Richie and Ralphie for the #2 spot, that is the tough pick

EDIT: Not to spin the thread off any further but I got to thinking about it last night, and Butchie had to be the one who had Tony killed, right? He had the most to gain from it and perfect reasoning to do so. 

This probably belongs in some other thread I don't read for whatever reason but Basil Gogos, artist of all the classic Famous Monsters of Filmland covers, etc. has passed away. Since most of his art had to do with movies I thought it appropriate to note here. 

c2645d_3e4110ffbb34408e983d4b5d07878173.

RIP

EDIT: "most of his art that I was aware of" is how I should have phrased that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basil_Gogos

• Like 3

A week or two ago I woke up to a text from one of my best friends, who I never see anymore, that read "You're not a Commie are ya? I don't want no Commies in my car". To which I of course replied "No Christians either!" 

If you've never seen Paris, Texas, then get on it. 

Rest in peace, old soldier. You did your time, you deserve the break.