DVDVR Message Board

IN MEMORIAM 2017

colonial

• 2 weeks later...

http://variety.com/2017/film/global/cuban-american-actor-tomas-milian-italian-genre-movies-star-dead-dies-1202015438/

You might remember him from Traffic but some of us remember him from Companeros, The Four of the Apocalypse, Almost Human, Don't Torture A Duckling, Django... Kill! If You Live, Shoot! etc. A star of the cruelest of Italian cinema. RIP

• 2 weeks later...

GQ Style Guy Glenn O'Brien has died. He was a member of Andy Warhol's Factory, wrote and edited for a number of magazines (Interview, GQ, Bald Ego, High Times) and created TV Party with Chris Stein from Blondie.

He also wrote, directed, and produced "Downtown 81" which starred Jean-Michel Basquiat.

I heard about Charlie this morning and am totally bummed.  I never failed to catch him at the  Richmond Funny Bone and just recently saw him on tour here in MD at the Royal Farms Arena. :(

RIP

Just on the basis of being genuinely respected by almost everyone reputable in the comedy world, you have to love Charlie Murphy.  Also, just the Shalamar related portion of the Prince THS sketch should get him props for eternity.

"Yo, Shalamar got a new girl in there, man, that bitch fine like a motherfucker."

"Micki Free is not a girl."

Rest in Power, Charlie.

I hope when Charlie Murphy gets to the afterlife the first thing that happens is Rick James jumps in front him, yells "CHARLIE MURPHYYYYY" and punches him in the forehead. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

I hope when Charlie Murphy gets to the afterlife the first thing that happens is Rick James jumps in front him, yells "CHARLIE MURPHYYYYY" and punches him in the forehead. 

Or Eternal game of basketball vs Prince 

• Like 4

Damn, I am totally bummed about Charlie's passing, two years younger than I am and that's waaaaaay too young to go. Fuck leukemia. 

I teared up at work a couple times thinking about it, but for anyone interested in Charlie Murphy, I suggest checking out how he got into the stand-up comedy game. A little bit of the reverse of what Patton Oswalt is going through now.