DVDVR Message Board

IN MEMORIAM 2017

colonial

17 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Cross-posted from the book thread:

RIP exorcist writer William Peter Blatty age 89.

This just came across my news feed.  I was about to post it in the Horror thread. :(

Damn. His break-out performance in Robocop was so awesome that he got villain typecasting for quite a bit of his career, even when he started his his voice-acting side hustle.

He was also set to reprise his role as FBI Agent Albert Rosenfeld in the Twin Peaks revival on Showtime. :(

RIP.

2 hours ago, The Comedian said:

JK Simmons gonna have to explain to a whole gang of people that he ain't dead today....

I'd rather have an explanation on why he didn't even have ONE song in La La Land, when he was at least the second best singer in the film behind John Legend.

32 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Damn. His break-out performance in Robocop was so awesome that he got villain typecasting for quite a bit of his career, even when he started his his voice-acting side hustle.

He was also set to reprise his role as FBI Agent Albert Rosenfeld in the Twin Peaks revival on Showtime. :(

RIP.

Twin Peaks S3 has already been shot. Rosenfeld is part of it.

• Like 1

My first thoughts when I read this were:

Will he now be considered the Patron Saint of every Glass Joe that was KTFO and woke up in a haze with strangers screaming in their face? 

And: will people take selfies at his casket, yelling "WORLDSTAR!!!"?

For whatever reason, I never really watched "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" despite literally working in that industry for over a decade now.  And it being one of the greatest shows of all time.

That being said, she was amazing in Ordinary People.  That movie gets shit on because it won Best Picture and Raging Bull was so much better (and it was) but she nailed that role and did it by being the exact opposite of what everyone knew her as.

And honestly, watch Ordinary People, and then watch Flirting with Disaster.  She's not in it much but she is the best part.