DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown is CJ LUNDE - 1/10/17

Peck

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

I love Alexa and I love Becky, but I am not sure if I love the idea of them being in a steel cage unless one of them goes full on Megumi Kudo and bleeds buckets which probably won't happen on regular TV,

The match is in Memphis and I'm pretty sure there's a law on the books in Memphis that if you have a cage match and someone doesn't go Full Muta there is a million dollar fine to the company

• Like 3

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

God, that Lunde / Carmilla match... Was the Flatliner botch due to Ellsworth holding Lunde's foot and making her slip before Carmilla got set, or is Carmilla just that sloppy and green?

It looked to me like Lunde lost her footing for when her head and neck moved too far back on the grab for the Flatliner, couldn't tell whose fault that was though.

Finally sat down to watch a SmackDown instead of being a Debbie Downer about all things WWE, and it wasn't bad at all.

Ziggler is like X-Pac heat as far as I'm concerned, so this heel turn is doing me no favors. Miz would be my baby face of the year if he had retired Dolph. 

AA/Wyatts was a good match. Gable doing that deadlift German on Orton was SICK.

The main was good, though I also wish it took a bit more to put Corbin out.

1 hour ago, Super Ape said:

.The main was good, though I also wish it took a bit more to put Corbin out.

Yeah, this is the unfortunate side effect of Cena spamming his big moves the past couple of years. Now when he just uses one it makes his opponent look weak. It's especially frustrating for a big guy like Corbin who looks like he's getting a bit of a push. It felt almost as much like them putting someone in their place as the last AJ/Ellsworth "match".

The problem with the Corbin / Cena match IMO was the pacing.  There was a lot of slow burn in the middle so when it was time to take it home, Cena only had enough room to hit his spots and get a clean finish. 

Cena's build up and hope spots should've happened sooner so that Baron could've gotten some booking protection by kicking out of at least one AA at two and nine tenths and then have Cena kill Baron with another AA for a three count or maybe have him pass out while in the STF rather than tap.

I thought it was good booking to protect the AA before a title match, but I'd have also like to have seen Cena have to use more firepower in order to bring Baron down.

instead of Tom just sitting there quiet for 90% of the show, they should just make that the extra special VIP seat and get a fan to intro videos and pay for the thrill of doing it

and DBry blew his chance to make the first ever women's Punjabi Prison match...damnit

On 1/11/2017 at 10:30 AM, Brysynner said:

The match is in Memphis and I'm pretty sure there's a law on the books in Memphis that if you have a cage match and someone doesn't go Full Muta there is a million dollar fine to the company

Well, yeah, but there's also a law in Memphis that the first 100 fans to enter the arena get a complimentary fireball in the face.

Two fireballs if you're under the age of 14

• Like 3

16 hours ago, ErinQuinn said:

and DBry blew his chance to make the first ever women's Punjabi Prison match...damnit

7 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I think I saw that on a video once a few years ago.   Except there were less clothes.

Coming soon from WWE studios: Prison Heat.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Well, yeah, but there's also a law in Memphis that the first 100 fans to enter the arena get a complimentary fireball in the face.

Two fireballs if you're under the age of 14

That's not the worst thing a minor in Memphis will get to the face.

• Like 4