DVDVR Message Board

FLOSLAM/WWN HAS OFFICIALLY HIT TIRE FIRE THREAD STATUS

Nah, the next PWG show will be called We Only Double-Count DVD Sales (not online)

Gabe is Paul E. without the people skills.  Although... Paul would probably have steered clear of a lot of trouble if he hadn't been able to schmooz people so well.

• Like 1

Wasn't the idea behind Floslam to gather up a bunch of non-WWE promotions and create a big successful streaming network?  Phony numbers aside, Evolve is a bit player in the Indy wrestling world. They don't even have 10k twitter followers. The idea that they had somewhere between 5-10k downloads of often sparsely attended live events just sounds comically unrealistic. 

My assumption is Floslam had this big idea of not a couple thousand subs, but tens of thousands of subscriptions and it never got off the ground. I don't believe WWN is that reason. They were just a costly reminder of a half-assed idea.

Gabe is an easy fall guy cause carny gonna carny.

8 hours ago, Oyaji said:

I don't think he's taking shots at PWG. Regal wants better lock ups because guys are going through the motions early in matches way too often these days. It's a legitimate criticism and there's a lot of roster crossover between EVOLVE and PWG. 

It's a problem everywhere in the indies. So many basics are rushed through or done lazily to "get to the good shit" that it makes things looks weak.

It was poorly worded by Gabe and can easily be misconstrued that the "only thing" Regal noticed is that the lockups sucked, which would lead someone to think he was immediately turned off by every match within seconds. Only dicks send emails to wrestling talent that accentuates the negatives; it would've taken two seconds to go, "Regal was so impressed but did point out that a good opening lockup is blah blah blah."

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
43 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

It's a problem everywhere in the indies. So many basics are rushed through or done lazily to "get to the good shit" that it makes things looks weak.

It was poorly worded by Gabe and can easily be misconstrued that the "only thing" Regal noticed is that the lockups sucked, which would lead someone to think he was immediately turned off by every match within seconds. Only dicks send emails to wrestling talent that accentuates the negatives; it would've taken two seconds to go, "Regal was so impressed but did point out that a good opening lockup is blah blah blah."

I dunno, I have a feeling a good amount of indy promoters gaslight their talent. (Not you, Marty.)

I try to focus on the positives while still addressing the negatives. Especially since we have a big crop of greenhorns and I see them beating themselves up when they make mistakes they should be making at this stage in their career (in the ring), I try to get them to move out of that self-defeating headspace and focus on the fact that they will make improvement in time, if they continue to work hard and remain positive.

Unless a guy has done something dangerous or unprofessional, my first response is "I really liked THIS MOVE and THAT SEQUENCE," followed by, "I'd like to see you focus on THIS THING and THAT SEQUENCE."

I was told a lot back in the day a simple "you fucking suck," or only told "you fucked up that one thing," or one time by Tony Kozina, "you've disrespected every wrestler that ever came before you" (which was as about as inspirational as you might fucking imagine), so while I know  how to be a horrible jerk, I don't pull that gun out until someone truly deserves it after repeated fuckups.

• Like 2

He should have tried the compliment sandwich:

"Your superkicks are really crisp ... I'm just not seeing enough emotion on your face before you do your shooting star dives ... but you're really nailing those 2 count kickouts."

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

I try to focus on the positives while still addressing the negatives. Especially since we have a big crop of greenhorns and I see them beating themselves up when they make mistakes they should be making at this stage in their career (in the ring), I try to get them to move out of that self-defeating headspace and focus on the fact that they will make improvement in time, if they continue to work hard and remain positive.

Unless a guy has done something dangerous or unprofessional, my first response is "I really liked THIS MOVE and THAT SEQUENCE," followed by, "I'd like to see you focus on THIS THING and THAT SEQUENCE."

I was told a lot back in the day a simple "you fucking suck," or only told "you fucked up that one thing," or one time by Tony Kozina, "you've disrespected every wrestler that ever came before you" (which was as about as inspirational as you might fucking imagine), so while I know  how to be a horrible jerk, I don't pull that gun out until someone truly deserves it after repeated fuckups.

Kozina probably would have said more to you, but he had to get back to carrying Davey's bags.

I hope you responded to him with "Give me your 20 year olds."

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

The Ogilvie technique:

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Kozina probably would have said more to you, but he had to get back to carrying Davey's bags.

I hope you responded to him with "Give me your 20 year olds."

Oh no, the conversation STARTED that way. That was his first sentence. He then proceeded to brow-beat me for at least ten minutes. Like a good greenhorn I took it all in because I knew it would make a good story one day. ;)

24 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

Oh no, the conversation STARTED that way. That was his first sentence. He then proceeded to brow-beat me for at least ten minutes. Like a good greenhorn I took it all in because I knew it would make a good story one day. ;)

He has a Napoleon complex, doesn't he?

33 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He has a Napoleon complex, doesn't he?

He's always been a good worker and has some real knowledge. He is definitely an angry dude, but some of the best matches I ever saw in person before I became a wrestler involved Tony Kozina. He's entitled to his opinion of how bad a wrestler I am: I'll grant him that out of respect.

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently FloSlam has uploaded everyone Evolve show and made them available... for free

Petty is petty

Well, shit, look at that.  Just needed to search Evolve and there they are.  Part of me's tempted to watch however many I can before Evolve shuts that down.  But yeah, that's some petty shit right there.

On 9/27/2017 at 5:07 AM, Marty Sugar said:

Hahaha! Tony fucking Kozina! That's a name I haven't thought about in years... Nasty little roided up dwarf. Met him at an ECCW show, what a complete mark for himself. Look, if I was 5 '2 and 150 lbs. I could bounce around the ring like that too. Fucking douche. Hahaha. Thanks for the reminder, he got pretty pissed when we chanted "Rumpelstiltskin"  at him. ;-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OSJ said:

Hahaha! Tony fucking Kozina! That's a name I haven't thought about in years... Nasty little roided up dwarf. Met him at an ECCW show, what a complete mark for himself. Look, if I was 5 '2 and 150 lbs. I could bounce around the ring like that too. Fucking douche. Hahaha. Thanks for the reminder, he got pretty pissed when we chanted "Rumpelstiltskin"  at him. ;-)

"RESPECT!"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hagan said:

So, wrestling twitter was all abuzz that Gabe found out the leaker and was naming names but it was a little hard to unpack. I know we don't deal in INDY SLEAZE on here anymore but anyone ever figure out what the deal is? 

Larry Dallas says it was Chip Day.

• Like 1

Since Chip Day hasn't been on a WWN Live show in a couple years, either he was supposed to be on the recent show and was pulled or this is bullshit

The main thing I got from the memo is that you will never see the Bullet Club in EVOLVE except maybe Cody Rhodes again.  Not only does the Young Bucks violate all those rules they go out of their way to break those rules  :lol:

This does explain why they took the belts off the Troll Boyz so damn quickly.