DVDVR Message Board

FLOSLAM/WWN HAS OFFICIALLY HIT TIRE FIRE THREAD STATUS

Janella's Spring break is.... something.

Veda Scott got kicked in the face like crazy (and she kinda sucks).

Excalibur is killing it on the commentary... Invisible man just entered the ring. And... yeah, he's invisible.

And now we have Evil Dink... (I think everyone forgot about the Invisible Man)

• Like 1

So, Dan Barry hit all four members of Team Pazuzu in the dick simultaneously and now we know why!

Wrestling in 2017.

Beyond has been enjoyable. Nothing earth shattering or must see but everything is solid and people seem to be having fun. Unbreakable Fucking Machines vs. Da Hit Squad has serious hoss potential. Speaking of DHS, I had to look this up after Sugar Dunkerton mentioned it on commentary.

Catching up on Mercury Rising and it's been very good so far. Dickinson and Jaka vs. Banks and Cooper blew me away. Great fucking match. 

Can't believe there were 4 really promising shows running simultaneously last night. I've heard good things of Best of the Best, NXT was pretty great, this Mercury Rising show could be the best of the bunch, and while Edwin didn't like the ROH card I'm eager to see the Bucks and Hardys as well as Dalton's challenge. 

• Like 1

I'm interested in how frequently it's defended and where. 

ACH vs. Pete Dunne was probably the best I've seen ACH. Less ostentatious, cutesy exhibitionist stuff and more of a competitive match. Really good match. 

Guest Edwin
29 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

...and while Edwin didn't like the ROH card I'm eager to see the Bucks and Hardys as well as Dalton's challenge. 

The ladder match was cool as I said before. I wouldn't go out of my watch to watch it, but if you like the Pancakes and Piledriveds multi-man ladder match from before, then you'll enjoy this.

The title match was horrendous. Christopher Daniels is one of the most overrated guys of all time and doesn't really do much for me. Dalton's entrance was neat, so I'll give him that at least. The rest was very forgetable and not worth the $30 the streak costs.

I would agree with you on Daniels but he showed emotion and actually told a great story in his title win less than a month ago so I was hoping maybe he could put things together. He's always struck me as somebody who is a master of the mechanical side of wrestling but struggled to tell a compelling story. Same feeling I get with Shelley. 

• Like 1

I am not sure how much it is now but remember the huge deal on Twitter Saturday was whether Gabe screwed the fans with the handling of Drew Galloway.  It was obvious that there was big plans (final 2 in WWN live title match I think) for him at Mercury Rising given how he destroyed Riddle with a piledriver through a table.  Then the show happened and he was taken out in an injury angle only to see him in the crowd for NXT Takeover an hour or so later.   I wonder how much notice Gabe had in Drew going to NXT because if he knew for a while then EVOLVE 80 was strange booking for him.  

Unfortunately for him it seems he is in the same situation that ROH is in with New Japan except with a much bigger person to deal with.

That WWN title match turned out just great without Drew but if people were going to the show strictly for him (do they exist?), it would certainly be a shitty deal for them.

Anybody know what the deal was with Su Yung? She was at other shows, including the Women's Super Show at Wrestlecon but wasn't at Mercury Rising and was allegedly fired. She may be awkward in the ring but her character is really neat and she seems like a super nice person.

Well the Wrestlecon Women's Supershow was running really late and Su was near the end of the show.   Apparently Su was supposed to face Lufisto on the 2nd or 3rd match of Mercury Rising.    Given that the Orlando Live Center was about 20 miles away and I-4 is terrible that was going to be tough.  I heard she tried to have the match moved to later in the card and that is when the shit hit the fan

I haven't heard of her being un-professional.  Have a feeling it was the case of too much too close together

The women's super show is on Highspots and her match with Valkyrie closed the show. IIRC, LuFisto was out second on Mercury Rising. I heard the traffic story too.

I've heard nothing but great things about her, so I don't know what to say.

By Mike Johnson on 2017-04-05 08:30:00
Over Wrestlemania weekend, the WWNLive.com website went down as the site was streaming the first-ever PROGRESS Wrestling event in the United States.

Lightcast. WWN's hosting company, issued the following statement, which WWN has forwarded to PWInsider.com as an explanation as to where the issues originated:

On Friday, March 31, the website WWNLIVE was targeted by a strategic hack attack, bombarding the website with millions of invalid requests from numerous server locations worldwide. The servers kept changing constantly which increased defense efforts for over 90 minutes. After 25 minutes the first users were able to get back onto the site and the majority of attacks had been fended off after 70 minutes, allowing most valid connections back through to the website. In the meantime the site has undergone major changes and has upgraded security systems in place. Such attacks are rare, but unfortunately not entirely uncommon in our times. Too many hackers are available for hire and too many skilled developers have too much time at their hands. While it is certain that it was a strategic and planned incident, the motives are entirely unclear. It could be anything from an exercise, to a demo project of a hack group for sale, strive for recognition within certain hacker circles, to mere business strategy. One thing we know: the website is hosted on servers capable of handling multiples of the user traffic seen this past weekend and has the maximum security level in place which still allows full functionality of the website.