DVDVR Message Board

FLOSLAM/WWN HAS OFFICIALLY HIT TIRE FIRE THREAD STATUS

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

Riddle is presumably going to NJPW anyway, or at least that's what Meltzer seems to believe.

Riddle AND Cobb. Allegedly for the Tag League in December.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2017 at 11:00 PM, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Meltzer thinks it's probably going to be some sort of angle, not  a shutdown.  I don't really think a shutdown is in keeping with what Gabe was saying in that leaked email.

I'd agree, considering they have a a later show scheduled for December that they're currently selling tickets for. 

In what felt like almost like a throwaway line from Dave in the new WON

Another bad sign regarding the future of FloSlam, which looks to be dead is that IPW U.K., the one company that they still had on their schedule last week, announced that they were no longer with FloSlam

From F4W:

Post-match, The End came out and destroyed Williams and Garrini. The locker room emptied and we had absolute mayhem. The crowd was going wild as Catch Point went at it with The End. Darby Allin made his way to a basketball hoop and did a coffin drop off the backboard onto a pile.

Everyone brawled until we were left with Jason Kincaid in the ring to say this is just the beginning. He closed the show by thanking everyone for being there.

It was a stable and you guys were right. I mean, I'm glad they're not closing up shop but it's typical scummy bait and switch. And I'm not paying Evolve a dime to watch their shows when Im still paying Floslam until next spring. 

18 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

From F4W:

It was a stable and you guys were right. I mean, I'm glad they're not closing up shop but it's typical scummy bait and switch. And I'm not paying Evolve a dime to watch their shows when Im still paying Floslam until next spring. 

How is it a scummy bait and switch if it was what most of us expected?

Man, Yehi vs. Riddle from Evolve 95 is soooooooo good. The don't quite stick the landing all the way at the end, but it's still one of the better Evolve matches of the year. Riddle's brought some new intensity recently; not just like yelling louder but, in certain situations, going a little faster than usual on a knee strike, or closing down quicker to get to a guy for a suplex; I'm really into it. I was wondering a few months ago if he had plateaued a little, but I think he's still getting better. Yehi is wonderful.

On 10/4/2017 at 2:21 PM, BrianS81177 said:

Yeah same here. A friend of mine trained for a while at ECCW's school and Kozina would always stand around and chat with us after shows while we were waiting for my friend to finish taking down the ring and such. He was always super cool and came across as a humble guy. Don't know what happened to him in the years since but in 99-00 when we were regularly seeing him at ECCW shows, Kozina was a heck of a nice guy. 

Apparently sometime in the early 2000s he went from nice guy to really bitter, angry dude. I can only speculate as to why... Might be that being incredibly talented but too small to ever get off the indy circuit while guys with a 10th your ability are making 10 x the $$$ starts to eat at one...

On 10/4/2017 at 2:21 PM, BrianS81177 said:

Yeah same here. A friend of mine trained for a while at ECCW's school and Kozina would always stand around and chat with us after shows while we were waiting for my friend to finish taking down the ring and such. He was always super cool and came across as a humble guy. Don't know what happened to him in the years since but in 99-00 when we were regularly seeing him at ECCW shows, Kozina was a heck of a nice guy. 

Apparently sometime in the early 2000s he went from nice guy to really bitter, angry dude. I can only speculate as to why... Might be that being incredibly talented but too small to ever get off the indy circuit while guys with a 10th your ability are making 10 x the $$$ starts to eat at one...

• RIPPA unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, sevendaughters said:

Voice of Wrestling has a good write-up on this, Flo expected to see a steady bump off WWN's CWC shine but did not get it and just basically paid over the odds and got nowhere near their break-even buys. Made me realise how few people are buying wrestling.

Here is that article for those that want to see it

The moment my jaw hit the floor:

The rumored high price tag was confirmed in Monday’s filings: WWN was to be paid $75,000 in 2016, $500,000 in 2017, $550,000 in 2018, $605,000 in 2019 finally ending in 2021 at $740,000. Six years (five full years) at $3.14 million.

No wonder WWE moved on.

• RIPPA locked this topic