DVDVR Message Board

FLOSLAM/WWN HAS OFFICIALLY HIT TIRE FIRE THREAD STATUS

Wow. Doesn't seem like this relationship will last long. It'd be nice if companies joined up with something like the Highspots Network and aired their live shows through that. It's a pretty good archive service as is, but if they had some live content to go along with the PWG/CZW/WXW/Chuck Taylor shows, it would be fantastic.

Peter Kaasa posted on Facebook that he is taking a hiatus from wrestling (not yet a retirement but maybe) due to the injuries he suffered in the ring breaking incident

C7LjpEiWwAAUiTN.jpg

That guy is a freak athlete and his look reminded me of a mini Scott Steiner. I hope he heals up as best as possible and enjoys life to the fullest. His return would be more than welcomed from me at least. 

That fucking ring... I'm thinking of how much worse his injury could've been had he not been a ball of muscle. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Edwin

Riding back home from EVOLVE 80...

My wife and me really dug the heck out of Keith Lee v. Ricochet and Matt Riddle v. Drew Galloway. The Gatekeepers squash was quite enjoyable too for what it was.

The rest was what it was.

Keith Lee v. Ricochet reminded me of those old Makahn Singh v. Owen Hart matches I saw years ago from Stampede. May not be the best comparison, but it's the first thing that popped into my head. I wish they would've put this match on later down the card as I even I got exhaused after it was done and it was a hard act to follow. MOTN imo.

Riddle v. Galloway was quite intense and a lot more one sided than I would've preferred, but it was a great way to start the card as it was kept short. That piledriver table bump from the apron to the floor was brutal. I could do without Galloway's rambling before the match though.

Guest Edwin
1 hour ago, Hail Sabin said:

Yeah Ricochet vs. Lee and Sabre vs. ACH were the best two matches.

ZSJ v. ACH? That wasn't that good imo. The crowd was into as there was a ton of British people in attendance, but it was average. I was super tired by then, the result was predictable and for some reason it felt like the other ZSJ matches I've seen.

Also ZSJ's grappling looks horrendous for the most part aside from when he's overdoing the stretching which is usually when he's going to finish.

I know it's pro-wrestling and not ADCC, but a BJJ class or 2 would do wonders for a guy who's primarily trying to be a grappler.

Edit: Even an Aikido class would do him wonders as he seems to do a lot of joint manipulation.

What I caught of ZSJ/ACH was fine, was glad to see ACH rise to the occasion.  But while I like Zach the more I see of him the less impressed I am.  Need to go back and see Lee/Ricochet and time permitting Galloway/Riddle.

I was hoping to see Janella's Spring Break, but didn't realize they meant 11pm CST.  Will have to catch the replay.  But it's almost overwhelming how much wrestling Floslam alone is airing (8 events)  Put that on top of the ROH show and WWE events and I might as well say goodbye to my social life for the weekend.  But since I do have plans there's going to be a whole lot of catching up to do for the next week or so.

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently the entire site has crashed so as you can expect - people are not happy

Damnit, and this was my best time to catch the replay.  I'm hoping it's fixed soon.

Website is working fine for me now, or at least as it normally does (it's an organizational nightmare though). Spring Break isn't archived yet though. Evolve 80 is however. Shame the Progress show is on wwnlive instead of Floslam, but I'll catch it when it goes up on their pivot share. 

Guest Edwin

Just got home from the CHIKARA show...

Typical CHIKARA event. If you're not a fan of the company, you wouldn't enjoy it.

I am a fan of their stuff, but not a hardcore follower, so I really enjoyed this and my wife too.

The 10 man tag was particularly entertaining with a fun start with all 10 guys brawling wildly ringside.

Everyone must watch dijak vs Keith Lee. Just an amazing match. How ROH let both those guys will never not amaze me but thanks for letting me see them. Janela show was just incredible. Probably won't translatete to tape but live it's my fav show ever. Severn vs Riddle was legit good. Glacier vs page will not be topped this weekend