DVDVR Message Board

FLOSLAM/WWN HAS OFFICIALLY HIT TIRE FIRE THREAD STATUS

And apparently Floslam launched their website redesign yesterday, obviously trying to hide that they only have 1 upcoming event and trying to make news and results super prominent.

and "featuring faster load time", which of course means the first free video I tried clicking on crashed their web player  Hilarious.   

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Tangentially - Ethan Page announced that he is done with EVOLVE.

He won't be appearing on the Oct shows but stated that he wasn't forced off those shows by EVOLVE

He probably knew his lockups weren't up the Gabe's standards and left the company to avoid embarrassment.

• Haha 2

On 9/28/2017 at 5:42 AM, OSJ said:

Hahaha! Tony fucking Kozina! That's a name I haven't thought about in years... Nasty little roided up dwarf. Met him at an ECCW show, what a complete mark for himself. Look, if I was 5 '2 and 150 lbs. I could bounce around the ring like that too. Fucking douche. Hahaha. Thanks for the reminder, he got pretty pissed when we chanted "Rumpelstiltskin"  at him. ;-)

Bummer to hear these stories about Kozina. At a 2002 APW show at the Napa Fairgrounds he worked a nice match, and couldn't have been friendlier to 21 year old me. He chatted with me for 10 minutes at the merch table, I was a fan of his wrestling (he had worked California several times at that point), was genuinely interested in my college radio show (which was half wrestling talk/half indie rock), offered up two of his comp tapes for free to use as giveaways on my show, honestly could not have been a nicer dude. 

Earlier this year, I went to a Smash show and the advertised Super Smash Bros vs Well Oiled Machines vs American Wolves match got switched around due to Eddie Edwards being injured. It ended up being Davey Richards vs Tony Kozina in a singles match which I thought was going to be horrible but then they proceeded to work a total comedy match which had the crowd chanting "Please come back!" at Kozina at the end. 

....This adds nothing to the "Tony Kozina is a prick" discussion. Just wanted to share. Also, everyone needs to watch the early Evolve shows just for the backstage skits.

On 9/30/2017 at 1:00 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He goes by Evil Uno now.

Which from the only two matches I saw him doing it in PWG involved a ton of piledrivers including a super Tombstone and still not winning. Um, seems a bit much there.

I am 50% on-guard that this is another shitty Gabe-produced "worked-shoot". I could totally see him using the recent mess to try to work everyone into buying the shows being advertised as "The End" and have it end with a crappy takeover/rebranding angle, led by the "hottest free agent in wrestling" Ethan Page.

2 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

I am 50% on-guard that this is another shitty Gabe-produced "worked-shoot". I could totally see him using the recent mess to try to work everyone into buying the shows being advertised as "The End" and have it end with a crappy takeover/rebranding angle, led by the "hottest free agent in wrestling" Ethan Page.

Meltzer thinks it's probably going to be some sort of angle, not  a shutdown.  I don't really think a shutdown is in keeping with what Gabe was saying in that leaked email.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2017 at 10:07 PM, EricR said:

Bummer to hear these stories about Kozina. At a 2002 APW show at the Napa Fairgrounds he worked a nice match, and couldn't have been friendlier to 21 year old me. He chatted with me for 10 minutes at the merch table, I was a fan of his wrestling (he had worked California several times at that point), was genuinely interested in my college radio show (which was half wrestling talk/half indie rock), offered up two of his comp tapes for free to use as giveaways on my show, honestly could not have been a nicer dude. 

Yeah same here. A friend of mine trained for a while at ECCW's school and Kozina would always stand around and chat with us after shows while we were waiting for my friend to finish taking down the ring and such. He was always super cool and came across as a humble guy. Don't know what happened to him in the years since but in 99-00 when we were regularly seeing him at ECCW shows, Kozina was a heck of a nice guy.