DVDVR Message Board

FLOSLAM/WWN HAS OFFICIALLY HIT TIRE FIRE THREAD STATUS

2 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

LOl, it's usually a question of when - not if - pro wrestling becomes a dumpster fire.

Should I have a clue who Josh Gavin is?  'Cause I don't.

I didn't either but in that Twitter thread he says he worked for EVOLVE for two years

Ah, this is not good. Seems like Gabe learned a lot more from Heyman than just booking philosophies. He's always come off like a guy that needs somebody to run the business side of things so he can focus on the wrestling side, much like his mentor. The annual subscription to Floslam sounds like it'll be completely useless after this weekend. 

4 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

I'm guessing he's a WWN guy that had a falling out with Gabe.  Given Bix's fervor, I'm also wondering what his axe to grind with Gabe is.

IIRC, Gabe had a fit at Bix not too long ago. About the overfill at the U.S. PROGRESS show.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh and...

Probably should rename this a dumpster fire thread

Isn't making that tweet like the dumbest thing the guy could do? Now even if he is telling the truth Evolve can play the "disgruntled ex employee" card to discredit the story. Just sit back and shut up because living is the best revenge.

15 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I am going to assume this will include Saturday as well

So if you really wanted to see that Cedric Alexander vs Fred Yehi or Cedric vs Sabre Jr matches (which I sure as hell do) then sucks to people not in Chicago or Detroit

I thought the Cedric matches were not going to be taped anyway, at least according to the newsletter email.

I don't know how much longer I have with the annual subscription, but I think I'll be done with it once it runs out.  This legal mess had little to do with it, I just don't have the time to watch all the goodness they put on there.  It's a shame as I really should check out more WWN, but then again I need to check out much more NJPW and CMLL.  Sometimes there's only so much time one has to watch all this.

32 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

I admit,  I did not see the FloSlam heel turn comimg.

Even better

It has comes out that EVOLVE is behind on paying the wrestlers because FloSlam has been withholding money from them

So basically yesterday was all HAHAHHAA! GABE'S A LIAR!!!! to today being FUCK FLOSLAM!!! THEY ARE DICKING OVER THE WRESTLERS!!!!

FloSlam announced that they aren't going to carry ANY WWN events anymore

Thus... negating any reason to have a subscription

They claimed they would offer refunds but when people asked they said no.

(It seems now like they are claiming they only meant refunds of tonight's show)

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And Powerbomb is striking while the iron is hot

The only one I recognize is Nova Pro, but that's enough for me to take them up on this offer.

And ho-lee shit did this escalate quickly.  I'd love to get some kind of refund but considering mine runs out in a month or two it's not worth it for me.  But I feel for those who signed up recently and it's all for nothing.  I'm hoping this causes WWN to finally do an in-house streaming service which they should have done all this time.

They have the Scenic City Invitational but other than that, there's not much there that interests me.

This whole situation fucking sucks. Gabe retweeted an article by Mike Johnson at PWInsider (credible source?), in which Johnson suggests Gabe is trying to work something out with WWE. Also, I was told that Gabe's been helping out with NXT booking lately. Hmmmmm. 

Hell, if WWN wants to get out from under this deal and go work with WWE (which, at least in the case of Gabe Sapolsky, looks to be the case), all of this could be in their best interest.  We won't know for sure until all this works it's [sic] way through the court system.

Full article

edit: @NikoBaltimore there are only five Nova events up there and the latest one is from last summer.

46 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

FloSlam announced that they aren't going to carry ANY WWN events anymore

Thus... negating any reason to have a subscription

They claimed they would offer refunds but when people asked they said no.

(It seems now like they are claiming they only meant refunds of tonight's show)

When you cry that you were screwed and then you turn around and screw a bunch of other people it really shows a complete lack of self awareness.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hammerva said:

Maybe they wouldn't have shown Cedric on FloSlam anyway.  I don't know if PROGRESS showed Jack Gallagher when he appeared lately.   I doubt ICW showed the Kassius Ohno match

Gallagher was shown on the PROGRESS shows.

5 hours ago, Oyaji said:

...Gabe is trying to work something out with WWE.

Would love to have EVOLVE on the Network.

5 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Also, I was told that Gabe's been helping out with NXT booking lately.

Not sure if he's helping with the booking or not, but he's there backstage with Triple H and Jim Smallman from PROGRESS is in the background.

Also Jim Smallman and Glen Joseph from PROGRESS appeared slightly in an NXT segment some weeks ago where Ruby Riot approached William Regal at the Performance Center requesting a match with the Iconic Duo.

Today in comical excuses

WWN is claiming that the host company they were using right before the FloSlam deal went out of business and deleted all the info so they have no way of knowing the true data numbers

Which more than one person has pointed out is ridiculous.