DVDVR Message Board

FLOSLAM/WWN HAS OFFICIALLY HIT TIRE FIRE THREAD STATUS

Catching up on the past handful of EVOLVE shows and it's such a fun, fun promotion. Watching Keith Lee/Riddle and I marked out when a fan shouted "[Riddle] said Mewtwo sucks!" and Lee went into Keith Hulk mode and tossed Riddle across the ring.

2 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Catching up on the past handful of EVOLVE shows and it's such a fun, fun promotion. Watching Keith Lee/Riddle and I marked out when a fan shouted "[Riddle] said Mewtwo sucks!" and Lee went into Keith Hulk mode and tossed Riddle across the ring.

Wait, Lee's a Pokemon fan?  If so that's something I never thought I'd picture him being into.

Mewtwo is on his tights. Riddle has a tentacruel tattoo on his ribs.

OH! And holy shit that ZSJ/Lio Rush match from Detroit, I think it was, was easily the best Rush match I've seen and one of Sabre Jr.'s finest performances. Fringe MOTYC.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Mewtwo is on his tights. Riddle has a tentacruel tattoo on his ribs.

OH! And holy shit that ZSJ/Lio Rush match from Detroit, I think it was, was easily the best Rush match I've seen and one of Sabre Jr.'s finest performances. Fringe MOTYC.

I did not know this, that's pretty awesome.  Hopefully that's on his tights and he comes to Evolve next month

Sorry if this has been covered, but is there any way to buy an individual show or match on floslam? The service is more content than I care to have, and more money than I care to spend each month, but there are still cards I'd pay to see. 

They used to have single shows for sale at WWNlive.com but it seems like any content on FloSlam is no longer up there, including all of the EVOLVE shows. It's a shame that Floslam is such a fucking mess (their site is so poorly organized, holy fuck) and they charge so much, because EVOLVE is fantastic and more people should be watching. I signed up for the yearly service and have certainly gotten my money's worth.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It very well could be and another thing that's making me rethink my belief on this is why would they even acknowledge this in the first place?  If it was real they could just take the match off Floslam and give a quick message like "Due to the nature of the match we took the match off of Floslam"  Yeah, I'm calling BS on it now but I'm sure there'll be those that believe it.

What bad is they're advertising their "punishment" for the Joppa show I'm going to so I'm going to have to endure whatever bullshit they pull on that one.  On top of that they have something going on where you can sit with Gabe and others and go over the show before and after it's done.  My friend's trying to get me to do it and I'm oddly curious to hear the thought process behind this one.  Not necessarily $150 curious (yep, that's how much it costs) but curious enough to find out secondhand knowledge from somebody there.

I saw somewhere that the "punishment" is that ACH and Page will wrestle at the next show in the FIRST match.  Yeah, this is dumb, even by indy work-shoot standards.

• Like 1

Joppa they team up to face a pissed off Doom Patrol and Queens they face each other in the opening match.

Gabe is a Heyman disciple which fun enough I watched Pillman's Smart marks promos last night on the Path of Destruction DVD.

• Like 1

Despite the bullshit with the ACH/Ethan angle the card itself for Joppa has me really, really excited to attend:

-PROGRESS Atlas Championship: WALTER defends vs. Fred Yehi

-Non-Title Bonus Main Event: Matt Riddle vs. Lio Rush

-Keith Lee vs. Timothy Thatcher with Stokely Hathaway

-Chris Dickinson & Jaka vs. Ethan Page & ACH

-Jason Kincaid vs. Austin Theory with Priscilla Kelly

-EVOLVE Tag Team Champions Anthony Henry & James Drake will defend the titles

On that note I honestly don't know anything about WALTER except for the fact that he inexplicably has his name in all caps.  Any good matches of his I should check out?

• Like 1

Yeah, he and Axel Dieter Jr. vs. Travis Banks and TK Cooper from Progress in January. There's a lot of his stuff from WXW on Youtube. Highlights vs. Riddle, full match against Gargano from 2014 (there's also a Tommy End/Aleister Black promo if you want to hear him talk). Lots and lots of stuff. He's a big mean bastard and I love him for that. In that Gargano match, Johnny has the temerity to try the lawn dart on Big Daddy W. Walter corrects him by just about kicking his head into the third row.

Lee vs. Thatcher is going to be great. I'm still not entirely sold on Yehi. I think I get his appeal but there's a bit of a disconnect still going on. I thought his title challenge in Atlanta was really dull and a lot of his matches that I think are going to be really fun turn out to be a little dull. Riddle/Rush could be a trainwreck that devolves into a crap indie sprint or it could be incredible. Who knows. 

WALTER, Keith Lee, Riddle and Tracy Williams are in a 4 way the next night in Carolina. That should rule. We get a sneak peek at WALTER/Keith Lee before BOLA. I really enjoyed the first Thatcher/Darby Allin match, so I'm glad we're getting a sequel.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

He's a big mean bastard

That alone sold me on him, love big mean bastards.  But it seems I have a fair bit of homework for next Friday, thanks a bunch.

As for Yehi, I know J.T. likes him a ton but I can't seem to get into him.  I want to but he has that missing something that brings it all together.  Hopefully I see what he brings against WALTER.  I'm most excited for Riddle/Rush which I feel will be really, really good.  Also will be interesting to see how many more shows Lio's doing since AFAIK he's ever-so-closer to starting with NXT.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:22 PM, Oyaji said:

WALTER, Keith Lee, Riddle and Tracy Williams are in a 4 way the next night in Carolina. That should rule. We get a sneak peek at WALTER/Keith Lee before BOLA. I really enjoyed the first Thatcher/Darby Allin match, so I'm glad we're getting a sequel.

Where and for what promotion? Would love to see Walter again (got to see him in Germany).