DVDVR Message Board

FLOSLAM/WWN HAS OFFICIALLY HIT TIRE FIRE THREAD STATUS

1 hour ago, Valcourt said:

Where and for what promotion? Would love to see Walter again (got to see him in Germany).

I'll be seeing him tonight in Joppa, MD FWIW, also for Evolve.  I'll take pics and let you know how it went if interested.

Just got back from Evolve in Joppa.  It was pretty good show, though the quiet crowd might not sit well with some.  Lots of hard-hitting action and at times I thought considering there's the big stuff in NY tomorrow there's no need to kill themselves as much as they were.

Through dumb luck I'm waiting to get a solo ticket and a guy's friend bailed on him.  So he had an extra ticket that happened to be front row in the center.  I don't know or honestly care how much I was on the show (not one to get myself over or anything)  But it was really cool to see it up close like that.

-Chris Dickinson & Jaka vs. Ethan Page & ACH-I honestly hated myself for getting a big kick out Page/ACH being trolls.  The theme song was one of the highlights of the show, holy shit we were cracking up.  It was a comedy match but they had elements of a regular match as well.  It was weird and way too long but for the only comedy match it was fine to get it out of the way.

-Darby Allen vs. winner of tryout match-Blanking on the guy's name but he made for a good enough heel.  Not a big fan of Darby and felt the other dude was better.  Decent match though and thankfully short.

-Jason Kincaid vs. Austin Theory with Priscilla Kelly-Love Kincaid so was happy to see him wrestling.  Austin's alright but nothing special.  I can get why people are into Priscilla, but the guy that sold me the ticket mentioned she was on a Gypsy Wedding reality show.  Seeing the photos and knowing she was about 13 during that weirded me out so I'll pass on her.

-Rory Gulak and Tracy Williams vs. Anthony Henry and James Drake-This match was fucking awesome.  They sure as shit loved chopping the crap out of each other and man did that sound brutal.  Fun match and I love Drake a ton.  The post-match beatdown of Rory was epically nasty.  He wasn't bad but don't mind seeing him booted.

-Keith Lee vs. Timothy Thatcher-Another brutal match that was evenly matched.  It was kind of weird seeing Lee as face, prefer him as the super cocky heel.  But pretty cool all the same.

-PROGRESS Atlas Championship: WALTER defends vs. Fred Yehi-This was the Yehi match that sold me on him.  What he was doing worked to go against this beast of a big man.  WALTER was the big mean guy you know you'll adore watching and Yehi was a great small man to go against him.  I'd consider this a match well worth checking out.

-Matt Riddle vs. Lio Rush-Crowd was most into this match since Lio's a local guy.  It was fun but to me it never went into that extra gear to put it over the top.  It was good, great even, but it also was a face/face match and it felt that way.  Wished Lio won but it makes sense for Matt to win.  Afterwards Team Catch Point beat down Riddle and Lee and WALTER made the save.  Lee has his eye on WALTER and that's going to be a tremendous hoss battle whenever it happens.

After the show I met Riddle and WALTER and both were pretty damn great to talk to.  I'm certain I was the only dude talking Pokemon with Matt which he seemed to appreciate.  All in all it capped off a great night of wrestling.  I'll have pics once I get around to posting them.

What's up with Evolve crowds being so crappy? They get the odd hot crowd in New York and even rarer excited bunch elsewhere but it really is the only thing holding me back from getting 100% behind them. I'll give the shows a watch this upcoming week because I don't think it'll come off well after just finishing up the G1.

I don't want to touch the spoilers so I'll be selfish and ask... How was WALTER's match?

@Valcourt, I was mistaken when I said Sunday. The 4-way for Riddle's title is tonight as Niko said. I thought EVOLVE did Sat/Sun instead of Fri/Sat for some reason.

• Like 1

i didn't see the first time they did this but if you there is an award for most entertaining way to mock pro wrestling then this Ethan Page vs ACH match was the winner.   Two guys deliberately poking fun at "super serious" EVOLVE having the goofiest expose the business like match was so much fun.   Especially with Lenny Leonard disgust of the match

Yeah I can see why they are called the Troll Boyz after listening to their commentary in the tag title match.   As long as they do only once a show then I can love.  Calling James Drake "Morishima" & Husky Harris was just hilarious.   Saying that the match was 2 1/2 stars but would have been 6 stars if it was at the Tokyo Dome was just great and subtle dig to certain people

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Oyaji said:

What's up with Evolve crowds being so crappy? They get the odd hot crowd in New York and even rarer excited bunch elsewhere but it really is the only thing holding me back from getting 100% behind them. I'll give the shows a watch this upcoming week because I don't think it'll come off well after just finishing up the G1.

I don't want to touch the spoilers so I'll be selfish and ask... How was WALTER's match?

@Valcourt, I was mistaken when I said Sunday. The 4-way for Riddle's title is tonight as Niko said. I thought EVOLVE did Sat/Sun instead of Fri/Sat for some reason.

WALTER is a fucking beast and I feel fortunate I had a front row seat to check him out. He was a great big man that helped Yehi  look like a million bucks. You'll love it. I'm glad I was able to tell him how awesome he is, he seemed like a super nice guy too.

And if it's not MCW the crowd in Joppa is normally pretty quiet. I don't blame you for calling them crappy as they're like this for Evolve and House of Hardcore the one time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

Yeah the New York crowd was incredible today.   The crowd in Maryland for almost everything not involving Riddle vs Lio Rush was kind of embarrassing.   Unless it was mic'ed badly

No, it really was because the crowd was quiet which is a shame.  It's good since it means there's not as many idiots saying stupid shit, but bad when you're trying to justify Joppa as a place Evolve should go to.  House of Hardcore had a weak turnout and the crowd wasn't into it much, but I'm certain Tommy won't bring it here again and I can't blame him.  MCW's the only one that gets a steady reaction and that's mainly due to the families that go.

49 minutes ago, w. josh said:

Trying to watch Evolve 91. I decided to play a drinking game and take a shot every time someone did a double stomp, but now I'm dead.

Henry/Drake vs. Yehi/Kincaid alone would get you 3 sheets to the wind. 

• 1 month later...

Gabe announced that Cedric Alexander is replacing Davey Richards on the two EVOLVE shows this weekend

He will wrestle Friday against Zack Sabre Jr and Saturday against Fred Yehi

As per usual - they did announce that both matches would not be taped and are "just for the live audience"

ZSJ will now wrestle Keith Lee on Saturday

34 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well it looks like if you want to watch old WWN shows (or I guess from last year or two) on FloSlam you better hurry.  Unless something can get worked out.

Whatever happens I hope we don't go back to the idiotic pay 15.00 a show idea from WWNLive days.

What happened? Did Olu Oluwami pull his Nigerian investment funds from FloSlam now too?

Quick twitter search lead me to a Torch contributor alluding to Floslam possibly suing WWNLive about data (maybe falsifying data prior to their deal would be my guess). I really enjoy Floslam even if it's a bit pricey, particularly with crappy Canadian currency, so I hope this doesn't mean the end of the line for them. No way am I paying $15 per show.

Wow. Given the latest episode if the Between The Sheets podcast going into a deep dive on the 1997 USWA sale/lawsuit/closure, I will laugh my ass off if this ends up being a digital age version of that.

And I saw something referencing Gabe sharing data with WWE, I will also laugh my ass off if WWE gets named as a defendant and this results in Gabe getting his WWE connections turfed.

The timing of this is weird because Dave on this morning's WOR said he expects a big announcement (IIRC it sounded positive) from EVOLVE in the coming days during his rambling thoughts on the WWE Network survey.

Long story short - the word on the street is basically that FloSlam is trying to pin its failures on Gabe claiming Gabe lied to them about how many views they were getting. (There is also a spinoff where I guess they are accusing him of sharing info with the WWE)

And it is definitely happening because people have already found the case listing online

Here is the story (written by Bix)

https://www.fightful.com/flosports-sues-wwn-1-million-alleges-they-provided-just-plain-false-business-records-during

Last Friday, September 15th, FloSports, the parent company of wrestling subscription streaming service FloSlam, sued WWN Inc., the parent company of the World Wrestling Network family of promotions, in Texas’s Travis County District Court. In the complaint, Flo is alleging that last year, when they made a deal with WWN to become the exclusive streaming home of all of their in-house promotions, they were not provided with accurate data about internet pay-per-view buys and video on demand purchases. According to the complaint, FloSports is asking for in excess of $1 million in damages.

Also here is the Torch story on it which Bix says compliments his story well (and vice versa)

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2017/09/21/breaking-flosports-files-lawsuit-wwn-misrepusentation-ippv-vod-buyrates-wwn-planning-countersuit/

FloSports contends in the lawsuit filed that when they asked WWN for spreadsheets to back up their claims on their iPPV and VOD buyrates, that they were told that the data was lost. WWN eventually sent FloSlam the data requested, but FloSlam contends in the lawsuit that was filed that subscribers were listed more than once and DVD purchasers were included, which should not have been factored in with iPPV and VOD purchases.

In the lawsuit filed in Travis County, Tex., Floslam is seeking damages of 1 million dollars from WWN. The causes of action are listed as breach of contract and negligent misrepresentation.