DVDVR Message Board

RAW is BULGARIAN GEORGE CLOONEY

Niners Fan in CT

29 minutes ago, caley said:

I watched it up to the HBK-Rusev promo and subsequent Jinder-Cass match and DVRed the rest of the show.  Someone convince me (Show your work!) that I should watch the rest of it and not delete it, sight-unseen.  Also, factor in that I have limited space on my DVR and Smackdown, NJPW and Hell's Kitchen airing over the next three nights.

The stuff with Nia Jax was worth watching.

3 hours ago, jstout said:

So, nobody bothered by Bulgarian Chickenshit Heel Rusev ducking a fight and feeding his buddy Jinder to Cass?

No because that is what heels do

I am sure Gregg will explain how the face/heel dynamic works again if you want

• Like 7

9 hours ago, L_W_P said:

On the flip side, I now fear we are getting Roman as Champ at the Rumble and KO is going to turn on Jericho to go after the US title...

I'm not sure why anyone is trying to defend KO's title reign.  Anyone else with that bad of a display would be crucified by fans.  Bad booking, notably the absence of HHH, has not helped him in the least.  However, Owens has to share some of the blame.  The Jeri-KO stuff is entertaining, but not nearly enough to be a main event segment.  He's been overshadowed by Jericho. KO works headlocks/chinlocks for several minutes in almost every match. And on top of all that, Owens wants to be cheered despite being a heel.

I was excited for a KO World/Universal title reign.  But after this past five months?  Nope.  Let's move on.  Gotta get to KO vs Y2J, anyway.

• Like 1

I want the long-term booking to be a face Rusev taking the belt off of a monster heel Braun. Oh, and that Rollins/Braun match was the most I've enjoyed Rollins in a good while.

And thank God HBK at least didn't try to say "haters" in the Enzo voice.

1 hour ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I'm not sure why anyone is trying to defend KO's title reign.  Anyone else with that bad of a display would be crucified by fans.  Bad booking, notably the absence of HHH, has not helped him in the least.  However, Owens has to share some of the blame.  The Jeri-KO stuff is entertaining, but not nearly enough to be a main event segment.  He's been overshadowed by Jericho. KO works headlocks/chinlocks for several minutes in almost every match. And on top of all that, Owens wants to be cheered despite being a heel.

I was excited for a KO World/Universal title reign.  But after this past five months?  Nope.  Let's move on.  Gotta get to KO vs Y2J, anyway.

Pretty much all this. Despite Hunter being involved, I was excited to see KO get a run, but his basically being the third wheel in his own feuds and just being an absolute slog in the ring killed it. It's been far past time to Ole Yeller this title reign just like Seth's disaster of a reign should've been put down months before he borked his knee at a house show.

The funniest thing I noticed last night was how when they were talking about the upcoming matches for 206 Live and who was going to appear, they gave everyone a nickname. Neville, the King of the Cruiserweights. Noam Dar, The Scottish Super Nova. The Outlandish Rich Swann. The Extraordinary Gentleman Jack Gallagher. And then they announced Cedric Alexander as Alicia Fox's boyfriend.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, jstout said:

So, nobody bothered by Bulgarian Chickenshit Heel Rusev ducking a fight and feeding his buddy Jinder to Cass?

We are criticizing heels for being heels?  Flair would've sent Anderson out to handle his light work. 

The premise behind the feud still bugs me.  Cass wants revenge against Rusev for beating up Enzo for going after his wife.  What dude wouldn't beat the living shit out of the guy making unwanted advances at his woman????

There is not enough love for Undertaker's "I do what I want when I want" promo.  That's the best one he's cut in since "Austin, you're not just the badest SOB in the WWE; you're also the safest SOB in the WWE."

27 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

The funniest thing I noticed last night was how when they were talking about the upcoming matches for 206 Live and who was going to appear, they gave everyone a nickname. Neville, the King of the Cruiserweights. Noam Dar, The Scottish Super Nova. The Outlandish Rich Swann. The Extraordinary Gentleman Jack Gallagher. And then they announced Cedric Alexander as Alicia Fox's boyfriend.

They're just redoing Louie Spicolli's "Madonna's Boyfriend" gimmick from AAA in the 90s.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I forgot about the Stephanie bullshit. Her being about 7-feet tall and scolding Sasha and Bayley was the worst shit I've seen in a while. It was way worse than the New Day and Titus segment because Titus is a guy who, right or wrong, they just are never going to use outside of poorly written comedy segments. 

Sasha and Bayley are supposed to be the face of the women's division and Stephanie is in there acting like that. Neither one of them will ever get to beat the crap out of her either.

You can tell if Steph has to bump, because she suddenly becomes much shorter. I think it stems from when she twisted her ankle at WM 33 taking a bump. 

I think Rollins was watching his Best Of RVD tape Sunday night/ 

1 hour ago, Victator said:

I think Rollins was watching his Best Of RVD tape Sunday night/.

I disagree because Rollins's kicks actually looked like they hurt.

Knowing Seth, those kicks probably did hurt legit hence the one or two stiff spots where Braun dropped Rollins directly onto his spine.

What kind of crazy world do we live in where Jack Gallagher & Drew Gulak have a fun little 5 minute match to absolutely zero reaction on Raw.

There is no parlay like a gentleman's parlay, for a gentleman's parlay does not stop, except for tea and crumpets.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

What kind of crazy world do we live in where Jack Gallagher & Drew Gulak have a fun little 5 minute match to absolutely zero reaction on Raw.

There is no parlay like a gentleman's parlay, for a gentleman's parlay does not stop, except for tea and crumpets.

The feud with Gallagher and Daivari has been entertaining and it's good to see them giving Daivari some actual character to work with, but the two matches I've seen between Gallagher and Gulak make me really eager to see a prolonged feud between the two.  You've got two guys with similar styles and an equal love for the more shooty aspects of grappling but on opposite sides of the rulebook and personality spectrum.  A rivalry like that writes itself and letting them have a 15+ minute full on Battlearts style match would get all of my dollars.  Plus Aries' comment about whomever gets the winner's purse can use it to buy some kneepads was tremendous.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

I'm missing it - what are we looking for there?

Sorry dudes. Check out the pictures. In particular the stream of threatening poorly written letters to various WWE identities; threatening to kill Stephanie McMahon (in response to a tweet about a Make A Wish kid dying), telling Brie Bella her child will have autism, and some weird conspiracy theory about Randy Orton marrying her and stealing 7.5 million dollars. 

That isn't going to end well.

I would watch a Shawn/Rusev improv act. I liked the way the main event was worked with the two-man team decisively winning a handicap match. Unfortunately, the booking fallout isn't so good. Guess we're going to year 3 of trying to make Roman a star at Mania, it's totally gonna work this time guys.

The rest of this show was pretty dire. Steph burying everyone, horrible long promo segments, and a bleak outlook for the Rumble.

1 hour ago, Go2Sleep said:

I would watch a Shawn/Rusev improv act.

Wouldn't work.  Every bit would start with:

"We need a place and an occupation."

"SOMEONE SAY BULGARIA!!!"

"I heard someone say hunting."

"WE ARE HUNTING IN BULGARIA.. LA LA LA LA LAAAAAA!!! NOW YOU GO!"

• Like 2

On 1/10/2017 at 4:23 PM, RolandTHTG said:

Sorry dudes. Check out the pictures. In particular the stream of threatening poorly written letters to various WWE identities; threatening to kill Stephanie McMahon (in response to a tweet about a Make A Wish kid dying), telling Brie Bella her child will have autism, and some weird conspiracy theory about Randy Orton marrying her and stealing 7.5 million dollars. 

That isn't going to end well.

When I read your magazine, I don't see one wrinkled face or single
   toothless grin.  For shame!  To the sickos at `Modern Bride' magazine.
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2017 at 11:40 PM, L_W_P said:

Screw the JeriKO story - Rusev shooting on Jericho to get his US title back would be great.

On the flip side, I now fear we are getting Roman as Champ at the Rumble and KO is going to turn on Jericho to go after the US title...

I think that's exactly how this is going to play out.

Just watched this last night. Glad Jericho got the one title that he hadn't had, but I'm looking forward to the Rumble just a little less thinking both Cena and Reigns are going over. Not that I'd mind Cena, but I think it's going to murder the crowd. Reigns/Goldberg/Lesnar at Mania is my worst nightmare, too.

• Like 1