DVDVR Message Board

2016-17 NFL PLAYOFFS: DIVISIONALS

Dolfan in NYC

This game is different than all games this weekend - low scoring.

Though, if I was KC I'd be worried as their bend but don't break defense won't stand up for long against this Steelers offense. 

This game could get out of hand or stay close in the second half but as the game goes I still feel this Steelers team is way to good even though it pains me to say that. 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Mason Crosby with two 50 yard plus kicks in the final 2 minutes and Cook with an absurd catch

So Joe Buck AARON RODGERS HAS DONE IT AGAIN!!!

Three 50 yarders if you include the one he hit when the time out was called. Guy has been clutch considering he was looking like a future car salesman a couple of years ago 

42 minutes ago, ivpvideos said:

So I am a psychopath and bought a ticket to the Packers @ Falcons NFC Championship game at face value $150

It is a 10 1/2 drive each way. 

That drive is killer but the ticket price seems reasonable for an NFC Championship. 

I know second guessing in hindsight is normal but I am surprised since Pitt only needed one first down that KC didn't try an onside kick. Its a low percentage play, but soon as they kicked it deep it really put a lot of pressure on the defense to have only one try to stop a potent offense.

3 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I know second guessing in hindsight is normal but I am surprised since Pitt only needed one first down that KC didn't try an onside kick. Its a low percentage play, but soon as they kicked it deep it really put a lot of pressure on the defense to have only one try to stop a potent offense.

On the other hand, the kick went as well as you could possibly ask. Barely ran any time, pinned them deep enough that a safety seemed plausible... They just couldn't stop them. I'm not sure the odds of recovering an onside kick are good enough to counteract how much better the field position would've been.

Basically, there is no good answer, they got a relatively favorable situation and the Steelers were just a little bit better.

But Christ holding on the game tying 2pt..  that's a painful way to lose.

1 hour ago, ivpvideos said:

So I am a psychopath and bought a ticket to the Packers @ Falcons NFC Championship game at face value $150

It is a 10 1/2 drive each way. 

Wow, if  bought long enough in advance, plance tickets may have been cheaper overall. At this point, that would be insane though.

26 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Wow, if  bought long enough in advance, plance tickets may have been cheaper overall. At this point, that would be insane though.

Cheapest flights I could find were $280 each way. Not real reasonable. I drive around for work a ton so driving doesn't bother me too much and the way I see it a year from now I won't remember the travel nearly as much as I will remember the game. This being the final football game in the Georgia Dome kind of helped my decision as well.

Cheapest game ticket now is $300. I bought it during the third quarter and if they lost I would have just gotten my money refunded. Glad I did.

• Like 1

So Proud of the Packers.  This has been one crazy ass run.  That last throw and catch will be shown in highlights 50 years from now.  What an amazing game.  Two more to go.

Gotta give it up for Dak.  I thought he would fold up down 18 early, and he kept fighting.  Being a lifelong Packer fan I have no love for The Cowboys, but they are going to be a force for a long time.