DVDVR Message Board

2016-17 NFL PLAYOFFS: DIVISIONALS

Dolfan in NYC

The NFC side is very interesting. I think all four teams have a shot at the Super Bowl. Seahawks/Falcons had a classic game a few years back with Seattle falling short. Seattle isn't the same away from home but Falcons never make it easy.   Dallas is interesting. They've clearly been at the least the second best team in the league this year but Rodgers is red hot. 

Steelers/Chiefs could be a good game. Steelers can play well anywhere, Chiefs are usually very difficult at Arrowhead. 

The only question left is how much will the Patriots beat the Texans by.  Sorry @Lawful Metal

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The only question left is how much will the Patriots beat the Texans by.  Sorry @Lawful Metal

I think the line is already 16 or something outrageous.  I'm happy to be completely counted out.  I'm happy that everyone thinks it's a foregone conclusion.  Because you know what?  No pressure.  Sure, we have the worst QB and the worst offense to ever even qualify for the playoffs.  But we do have the #1 defense, even if no one knows anyone on our team besides that big ol' bust JD Clowney (Man the Texans should drafted Khalil Mack instead, amirite?). 

I think it'll be a close game.  I think once Brady starts getting hit, things will start to get interesting.  Our corners can play.  Our front seven can stop the run and get after the quarterback. 

And on offense?  How do you stop this naked QB bootleg:

baby-giraffe-slows-down-after-a-run.gif

or, this:

Spoiler

Assuming Brock can ever do something like that ever again. 

Like I said, with the #1 defense, anything is possible!

Houston's only chance is if they completely suffocate NE on defense, but I fear that even if their defense does then NE will still win like 14-3 or something. But a guy can dream.

Pitt/KC should be fun, I really don't know what to expect. I just hope we get some close games next weekend.

12 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Liar

He meant to say he'd rather have his clowns healthy for the clown show that is the Texans defense.

4 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Houston's only chance is if they completely suffocate NE on defense, but I fear that even if their defense does then NE will still win like 14-3 or something. But a guy can dream.

Pitt/KC should be fun, I really don't know what to expect. I just hope we get some close games next weekend.

Houston's only chance is to pull a Bernard Pollard; even then Jimmy Garapalo might pull it out. . . 

Brady is human and can be shut down by a quality defense just like any other QB, just look at his game against Denver a few weeks ago. But it would take Houston having a near perfect game defensively while also catching the breaks (turnovers and what not) to win. I'm not expecting it to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if Houston at least hangs in there.

Houston had their issues with New England while Brady was still out. But, like Kev pointed out, Brady is human (look at the Jets game from week 12), but I still don't see Houston pulling that off.

As amazing as Rodgers has been (and I hate saying that, as a Bears fan), I think their luck is about to run out. Dallas made GB into their bitches at Lambeau, and now Jordy Nelson is most likely out with two fractured ribs. 

14 hours ago, Mike Campbell said:

As amazing as Rodgers has been (and I hate saying that, as a Bears fan), I think their luck is about to run out. Dallas made GB into their bitches at Lambeau, and now Jordy Nelson is most likely out with two fractured ribs. 

I think it depends on the Cowboys pass rush. David Irving has appeared out of nowhere and had monster games. I think Dallas can make Montgomery (and Michael) ineffective. Now Randall Cobb? That might be a whole different story. It feels like the Cowboys are due for that game where the opposing QB pulls two or three rabbits out of the hat. Rodgers is going to have at least one quarter where he looks lights out. If GB keeps Zeke contained, the Cowboys could be playing a FG or TD behind most of the game. I see some late fourth quarter heroics unless someone's defense just gets ate up in the first half.

Either way, it's probably going to be the best game of the WC/Div. playoffs easily IMO.

Steelers play well on the road but Ben wearing a walking boot does not give me confidence considering how hard KC plays at Arrowhead.

My condolences to the Texans.  You had a great run.

Sadly, the force wasn't with them and Brock Savage crashed his fighter into the Bradystar and died and then they blew up Houston, Texas Planet as the ghost of Bud Adams looked on approvingly.

• Like 2

I figure the Texans make a desperate attempt, sustain heavy losses, but somehow the plans to beat them get obtained, and some other team will use that to get credit for defeating the Patriots Death Star and Darth Hoodie.  (Use the force, Dak~!). 

Ugh.  If its Pats and Cowboys, I'm rooting for the Evil Empire.

• Like 1