DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling: Genesis Spoilers for 1/26/17

He was at the last set of tapings when this was filmed. I think the next set of tapings will have more of his finger prints on them. 

The thing that scares me about Dutch and Jeff is the over reliance on gimmick matches and schmozz finishes. 

One thing I hope happens down the line is Anthem potentially exploring the option of bringing Corgan back in a creative role. He brought a ton of positive, particularly with character development, that are missing now. 

I guess I'll have to be the dissenting opinion on the Ironman match.  I thought Edwards spent way too much time laying on the ground or in the ring for my liking.  I mean, he won the the title last fall and had everyone call him a fluke champion, they spent the better part of the next 3-4 months building him up as not a fluke, then he spend (what felt to me like) 60-70% of that match on the ground after being clobbered or in the ring after being clobbered.  I like the title back on Lashley but I feel like this match did Edwards more harm than good, as he spent most of the match selling, and one of his falls only came after Lashley knocked himself out on the unpadded turnbuckle.

Monster's Ball match was a lot of fun (Or "Monster Balls match" as the Pope at one point called it).  Some of those bumps were pretty nutty for free TV.  I hope we don't see Rosemary do anything more like that for a very long time now, not like Abyss where he was going through barb wire almost every week for a while.

X-Division match was all right.  I thought they did a lot of good with Trevor Lee to build him up as more of a killer than last week's brain-dead schitck did.  They need to split Everett off from him and have the two feud over the title.  Also, I know "It's not about weight limits, it's about no limits!" but I just don't like Marshe Rocket in the X-Division.  He'd be much better off partnered with a vet going after the tag titles (I'd like to see him as Eddie Kingston's partner in the DCC, actually, then have Storm as the WC contender and Bram as the GC contender).

On 1/27/2017 at 7:43 PM, Thibs said:

Honestly though what do they use for that barb wire? That shit can't be real 

Considering Rosemary got sandwiched with a barb wire board and not one scratch on her made me doubt the legitimacy.  I don't want them getting cut up and scarred anyway, but if you're going to use fake barb wire why bother using it at all?  Just insults the intelligence of those watching.  Same goes for the thumbtacks oddly enough.  The worse it seemed to was stick a couple in her top and that seemed to be about it.